028 AV Super Mods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2FatGuys

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just inherrited an 028 AV Super (1989) with less than 50 hours of use on it. I'd love to do some mild mods to it. I assume that a muffler mod is first on the list. Where should I go from there?

I have an 028 super. I did notice a gain with a little muffler mod. I also tried doing some port work. It really didn't make much difference with that. It is still a heavy pig. They are good saws but they weigh a lot compared to newer saws.

I would much rather use my ms460. It is only about 1.5 lbs more and double the HP. But, I still bring the 028 along for a back up. I'm planning on replacing it with an ms260 or a 346xp.

I used to have a 028 wb the 028 super does have a small torque advantage over the standard 028.

My experience is that this saw is slow to rev and seems sluggish in the cut. I have cleaned it inside and out, opened up the muffler a little and tried tweaking the carb a little, but get little or no performance gains.

I have to agree that it seems sluggish. I have tried adjusting the carb several times and i cannot make it rev quicker. Thats just the nature of the beast i soppose.

My 460 has instant throttle responce.

Latest posts

Back