031av oil pump? carb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowboy2200

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The oil pump seized up on my dads 031av. Can stihl dealers still get them or are they one of those parts that can't be found new? And if they can does anyone know how much they run? I found a couple of used ones on ebay and they come with they gear drives for $29 is that about the going price for used oil pumps? Or would I be better off finding a parts saw for cheap and hope the pump is good?

They other ? is how high is the needle supposed to be in the carb? I bent the leaver that it is hooked to when I was cleaning the seat out and now it is dumping to much fuel in the carb. I have the leaver even with the carb block, does it need to be lower then the carb block?

yes, the oil pump and parts can be got by the boat load in the used market. Very rare for a pump to fail. Usually the drive gear on the crank gets swollen - just ream it out a a little.

The inlet lever should not be level with the top of the body, but level with the internal recess. Varies a little if you have the Tillotson or Wabro carb, but similar in concept.

Latest posts

Back