032 Info ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, if Thall got his first Dolmar, then I ought to get my first Stihl! We need more of this crossing brand lines stuff. We can't argue about brands if we all have at least one of each, right? Plus it's an excuse to own more saws.

A buddy of mine has an 032 in good shape for just $50 so I have to grab it. So, what's the history of the 032? CC's, years made, etc. I admit that I don't really know the Stihls. I'm guessing that it is related to the more common 031, but maybe it came along near the end of the line for that family of saws.

That 032 will fit in well with my Jonsereds, Huskys, Solos and Dolmars, and the one little Tanaka. (you can't knocka Tanaka)

Thanks guys.

Almost identical to the 031s.

As far as stihls go I like that old design a lot. They're built like tanks, and seem to hang on working year, after year, after year.

Not you... I responded to a guy that that had made a bunch of posts in the wrong thread... and I guess he did delete them!

I have an 032 manual at work, and it forgot to bring it home to answer your orginal questions... Monday night...

The 032 is the best of that line every made.. Similar to an 031, but many changes to make it easier to service... Has about the same power as an 026, but much better low end torque...

Last edited:
Finally found the basic specs...

51cc
45mm bore x 32mm stroke
9.5:1 compression ratio
2.6kW 3.5hp at 10,000rpm
Max torque 3Nm @ 6500rpm
Max rpm 12,000
Idle speed 2,200 rpm.

Latest posts

Back