• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 034 carb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a hk 43-b that needs to be ultra sonic cleaned,,does anyone have one I can send my carb to ?or should I just buy a carb off ebay for $48?(ebay does have cheaper ones but this is midrange.I've put a rebuild kit in it and it does the same as before I did the rebuild,won't idle,runs up extremely hi rpm when 1st started.I put a carb on from another saw and saw runs fine so I'm pretty sure it's a carb issue.It's from a 034.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.The replacement carb is a HE-20A.or I could try a Zama carb..

From my understanding the tillotson carb is the carb to have for the 034. So I would try getting that one rebuilt again.

Just get the zama replacement. As much as people complain about this carb or that carb... Honestly the average joe homeowner or avid fire wood cutter will NEVER know the difference. Also at $18 to your door... You can replace it twice for the cost of a tilly. Honestly who cares what carb is under the hood, if the one you have runs... Then GO CUT WOOD!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-MS340...31A-/231554611500?hash=item35e9baf92c&vxp=mtr

i have the us cleaner you send the carb, parts and pay for shipping and i will rebuild the carb for you and test the check valves at no cost
Thanks alot,,I put a new kit in it,do you want another one or re-use it?Also should I dissassemble it before shipping?Can you PM me with an address?Thanks again,

just leave it put together like it is and ship
J"s Small Engine Repair
3062 Brady Hoffman Rd
Lincolnton Nc 28092

Juat to let you know I work for the City full time and run my business after my main job so it might take me a day to get it cleaned tested and rebuilt if that is ok :)

i have over a thousand used carbs i need to look and see what i got and make a sales link i have some nla tillotson

already did read up here is the master stihl carb manual just though you might want it

Attachments

• stihl carburetor manual.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Just get the zama replacement. As much as people complain about this carb or that carb... Honestly the average joe homeowner or avid fire wood cutter will NEVER know the difference. Also at $18 to your door... You can replace it twice for the cost of a tilly. Honestly who cares what carb is under the hood, if the one you have runs... Then GO CUT WOOD!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-MS340...31A-/231554611500?hash=item35e9baf92c&vxp=mtr

I got a zama carb but now I need a flat cover instead of the compensating metering diaphragm air horn type cover that is too big for the carb to fit my 034,,anyone have a 3 bolt cover,the tilly is 4 bolt.

Back