034 super mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Super

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
what can i do to get more speed and more power running a 20in bar .325 chain with 8 tooth socket. no mods dont know what to do .

Stihl Super said:
what can i do to get more speed and more power running a 20in bar .325 chain with 8 tooth socket. no mods dont know what to do .

A 034 is quite powerfull enough to run a full size 3/8 chisel chain. I'd switch that bad boy over to 3/8 and use a 18 inch bar instead of a 20. That would speed it up abit.........

Stihl Super said:

1. Smallest bar and chain you can get by with to reduce friction losses.
2. Sharp chain
3. Open up muffler
4. Have it custom ported and tuned

Last edited:
Stihl Super said:
ant the 036 smaller bore then a 034 super and who ports them

Woops, didn't read the "Super" part. An 034 Super is same displacement as 036.

Stihl Super said:
who can i get to port and tune the saw :bang:

Dean,
EHP,
Gypo,
you...seriously, if you are going to run a modded saw, you need to learn how to tune it. I'd recommend you just play with the muffler (lots of threads on AS about this). It's dead easy, and you'll learn how to tune the carb. You might like it just with the muffler mod and it's costs nothing. As already pointed out, a sharp chain is like doubling your horsepower, so sharpen throughout the day. If you're going to run 8 tooth, try semi skip or full skip chain. For power (torque) in the cut, 7 tooth. Out here (NW) we all run 3/8 on 036 saws as .325 doesn't cut it...

If you need lots more torque, get a bigger saw.

Back