036, 361, 362, 044 . . . or . . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lux

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I used to have a pro saw 15 or so yrs. ago. Can't remember which but it rocked. I digress, I have an MS 210 with a 250 motor + MM and some mild porting. I heat my shop and our 1700 sq. ft. house w/ wood. 21 acres of mostly hardwood in the N. Ga. Mtns. and an itchy trigger finger. Whatever I get will not remain unmolested. Nice to meet ya! So 362 or . . .:cheers:

Is $390 high for a decent 362?

A 441 and your 210/250 will be a real nice combo. A 362 would be alright with a 16" a 25" bar if you could only have one saw, but it would be far from ideal.

Congrats on the 441. New or used? We have a rule here, pics or it didn't happen... Always interested to see what you got and what you had to pay for it. And... How do you like it?

You've been around long enough to know the rules... ;-)

Congrats on the 441. New or used? We have a rule here, pics or it didn't happen... Always interested to see what you got and what you had to pay for it. And... How do you like it?

You've been around long enough to know the rules... ;-)
Ok, as soon as I got it I saw another guy's saw on here and sent him my clutch cover. He trimmed it out and it should be back Tues.. I also got the 460? oem dogs on there. . . the big ones. It's going to last forever! :yes:

20160725_150005_HDR.jpg
20160725_145934_HDR.jpg

50/70/90 is where it's at. 362? Meh, tweaner saw.

Completely agree. Although a good 60cc saw makes a great all around saw for firewood or thinning. The 50/70 combo is tough to beat for 95 to 100% of the wood most people cut though.

Enjoy your 441. I also would have went with a 461 but the 441 is a great, strong saw regardless.

Completely agree. Although a good 60cc saw makes a great all around saw for firewood or thinning. The 50/70 combo is tough to beat for 95 to 100% of the wood most people cut though.

Enjoy your 441. I also would have went with a 461 but the 441 is a great, strong saw regardless.
I would have gotten the biggest used saw I could find!
(I'm going on 15 yrs. of marriage.)
880 and 660 were available but not under a grand. No 460's or 461's to be found around here. I looked from Kentucky to Florida for about a month. Found a couple of 044's but they wanted about what I gave for the 441 with 3 bars and one chain. ($600) Daddy always says, "Beggars can't be choosers."

That looks like a "noodling" set up ?
Have ya used it yet ?
I cut down a 24in sweetgum. Limbed it with the 250 and cut the trunk into about 18in sections. I'll be doing some noodling on the rounds. They're in the barn drying out. Also, I'll take any advice I can get until the day I die. I may not follow it but I'll take it!

I cut down a 24in sweetgum. Limbed it with the 250 and cut the trunk into about 18in sections. I'll be doing some noodling on the rounds. They're in the barn drying out. Also, I'll take any advice I can get until the day I die. I may not follow it but I'll take it!

my advice...learn how to file a chain the best you can....and then learn how to file better !!!!
oh and make sure you know how to tune a saw as well....
good luck with the saws, they are a lot of fun !!

my advice...learn how to file a chain the best you can....and then learn how to file better !!!!
oh and make sure you know how to tune a saw as well....
good luck with the saws, they are a lot of fun !!
I hit the chain light everytime I fill up. Chain's a lot cheaper than the saw.

As far as tuning goes, I've watched every video on the internet! Jk, it feels like it though! :badpc:

I went to my small engine guy and got him to tune my 250 after the motor swap. He walked me through it and then walked me through the retune a week later. I took the screen off of my fs55r trimmer and did a retune on it. I've fiddled with it enough to get comfortable with the four stroking sound. That's some good advice!

Back