036 off fleabay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KodiakKen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just won a bid on an 036 from ebay for $201. I have worked on a handful of stihl saws and a couple truckloads of other crap. I think I may have hit one helluva deal. What are your thoughts? I don't know how to post pics...guess I will have to figure that out.

Last edited:
I dunno.....

I picked up a 034 from CL in Mpls/St.Paul for $225.00 So I don't know if you got a great deal or not, at least CL unit is in hand....Hope it works out for ya. I get more leary about Ebay day by day....You just never know what your getting!

:agree2: I've had great experiences buying and selling on CL. I've gotten a few deals on ebay but there seems to be a lot of scammers lately. I search CL everyday for saws, splitters, etc just out of curiosity for the most part and maybe one day I'll find something tempting.

CL burn

I called an elderly lady advertising an 029 for $225 with extra chain and case. it was her late husbands. I called her first thing in the morning. Made arrangements to pick it up that night. by 3 she called and said that someone else had it spoken for...well wtf...I thought I had it..I still look..just not too deep into it after that

You good a good deal. I bought an 036 PRO on e-bay and paid about $280 shipped to my door step, used of course. I have had good luck buying engines that were in good condition of e-bay I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep in buying. Latest was a 10hp Yanmar diesel for my splitter :clap:

great deal ... got my 036pro 11 years ago on ebay and im just now rebuilding it ,and got my 066m there too .
if it starts easy and runs good then you'll love the saw -boatloads of power and easy on the arms
plus the babes see you holding one of those .....oh mercy me ,i shutter to think what might happen:censored: :censored:

Is this the saw?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stihl-036-Chain...ryZ20538QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If so, I actually prefer to see an honest ad like that on Ebay then something artificially cleaned up to look like something it isn't. That saw has been around the block, but it looks relatively fine. If it has good compression, and runs fine in the cut, then go for it.

036's are great saws, and the weight and power ratio make them one of the greatest firewood saws around. you did well if it all runs good, but it should. Jusging by the feedback and his title, I would probably trust him.

Jason

sorry to another AS Member

Hey Mr Griff,,,when I clicked on that link..It told me paid for on such and such date. I got home from work after helping a buddy drop a dead (assuming) locust or very young ash and got on to see what was new and it had less than 3 minutes and I bid...I got it...that is my third win. I am excited..I really hope it isn' a P.O.S. Sorry if I got ya but for that price..I could put parts in it and still make out pretty good. I love my 360 and wouldn't mind having a backup.

The pair of the same saw plan is a good one. Rarely ever have to go without a saw that way. The 360 is a good saw, and new ones go on Ebay for more than 361s do. Only issue I have with them is a lot less anti-vibe. Otherwise a great saw.

I have issues with Ebay saws though :taped:

Wasn't Me

I don't know who you were bidding against. I have only picked up parts saws on Ebay, most everything else has been traded for work or just paid for at the shop.

I went onto Ebay, did an advanced search and put in 036 looking for one that ended today in your price range. I've had an 036 for a long time, and love it. Good luck with your saw, I would've hit it at that price too.

Jason

thanks Jason

As you can see I am a groundman on this site. I don't want to ruffle any feathers on here too early. I have my way of doing things..and I am sure most of them are wrong. but I haven't paid the gas man in three years. I have a 360 and kinda looking for the right deal for a friend of the family who has a pull'on. I figure this would be a tad bit of an upgrade. I have purchased now one chain..one belt buckle and one saw off ebay..#####ed about 30 that I lost in the last 10 seconds to being sniped. found that out from a crooked co-worker..jerk. but happy about what I have...glad I didn't screw over another person as crooked minded as me...Good luck in the future...I hope we never meet on fleabay...if you are anything like me..I bid it up just for the hell of it..lol

Ken, I hope this saw works out for you, just reading the sellers feedback though would have kept me from bidding. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=stevessmallengine&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&iid=160301303851&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us I'm not saying the guys a crook, but I feel he's 'less than honest' When a buyer has problems & the seller won't return emails, thats pretty sad. I know you're new on ebay, hate to see you get the shaft. When I read comments like those posted, I won't bid there. Let us know how you make out.

and here it is

got the saw the other day...unfortunately..already owning a 360...first thing...grabbed the rope. ok but not quite right...went straight to my detached 21 degree garage and found a carbon fouled piston and cylinder. well poo...oh well..have a $200 saw and will put another $100 in it..I can live with that..shot an email off to the "small engine shop" steve..and he said that he or any other shop he has ever seen never tears apart a working saw. well slap my ars and call me suzy..but I have no guage but can guarantee that the compression was nowhere near close. I am either going to track down a guage or buy on and put it back together as shipped and test it. but anyhow..CAD is still working. for $300 I got another great saw. Bid on boys ...Bid on..

Ken, i just ordered the Lisle compression meter off Amazon. Free shipping & made right here in the US of A. Got it in 2 days..........

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC): 1 Lisle 20250 14mm and 18mm ... $27.04

RD

got the saw the other day...unfortunately..already owning a 360...first thing...grabbed the rope. ok but not quite right...went straight to my detached 21 degree garage and found a carbon fouled piston and cylinder. well poo...oh well..have a $200 saw and will put another $100 in it..I can live with that..shot an email off to the "small engine shop" steve..and he said that he or any other shop he has ever seen never tears apart a working saw. well slap my ars and call me suzy..but I have no guage but can guarantee that the compression was nowhere near close. I am either going to track down a guage or buy on and put it back together as shipped and test it. but anyhow..CAD is still working. for $300 I got another great saw. Bid on boys ...Bid on..

I got an 036 Pro off craigslist this year for $50 with a 20" bar/chain and a stihl case. I had a friend put new rings in it. I think it run pretty good but I'm not really impressed with it. The more I run Husky saws the more I like them. But I will stick with my 200T and 020T top handle saws. I also Like my MS880. My Favorite saw is the 046 Magnum. But under 70cc all I have is Orange. I think they are a lot better saw. Back on subject I'm going to put my 036 Pro on ebay and see what she does.

Scott

Latest posts

Back