039 ignition wiring confusion???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1953greg

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
does the 3 inch green w/ white stripe wire go from the ground side of coil to the engine ground screw in tandem w/ the other green w/ white stripe from the coil ground to the same screw? if so is it necessary? i already have the flywheel on w/ one green/white screw on the engine.:confused:

thanks in advance greg

yes, both wires are in parallel. It's either for redundancy or to give more surge current capacity for spikes, or both.

Same setup as on the 029. And I left the one wire off by accident; and, it works just fine. As Andy said, its redundant??? Why I don't know.

thanks and update

thanks guys, i knew you would know. i have finished assembly. new seals rings n piston. cylinder was shinny. didnt touch the open transfers. took 2 mm of exhaust and intake, and gutted n dual ported the muff. saw poped on the 4th pull. started in the fifth. made a few cuts through a 16" cherry after a 1/4 tank of idle.

WOW!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

certainly not a 440 but probably wil be on the heels of a stock one once rings have seated. sure am glad a horizontal case was not my first mod job. it might have been my last!! muff was a b!@#h too! probably 10 hours total on the project. now i know why they arent worth repair!
oh well, whats time to a hog??

thanks again:) :) :)

Latest posts

Back