056 bottom end 066 top end?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile_bob

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have at hand an 056 bottom end that has a worn out top end

i am thinking of building up a slab mill and given parts for the 056super and getting hard to get... well got me to thinking

why not build up a frankenengine?

the 066 shares the same bore and i think the same wrist pin diameter, and 066 aftermarket stuff abounds, even if of questionable quality, those parts ought to be good enough for a slab mill that will probably get very little use.

i am passionate about silver maple stumps which around here are almost always highly figured and not all that hard to cut, at least compared to walnut, ash, honey locust and osage orange.

apart from the obvious need to alter the shrouding to allow for the sparkplug canted relocation, the only thing i am not sure of is the cylinder bolt spacing?

i suspect they are close enough to slot if need be? or are they totally different in pattern (rectangular vs square)?

the possibility of going up to the 56mm big bore kit is interesting option as well.

so does anyone have a 056 and an 066 base gasket to compare?

thoughts?

bob g

ps. while i am a relative newbie to chainsaws, i am no newbie to franken projects and have decades of experience in all things mechanical. so unless there is a totally impossible hurdle to overcome i think i would like to give it a go.

Latest posts

Back