056 Super Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmyers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just got done rebuilding an 056 super. I got a Uni filter modified to fit on the saw and its running like a top. Has a 32" bar and had a chance to do some cutting this weekend. It seems like I need to possibly turn the oiler up a little, but don't know how on this saw. Does it have adjustment that has to be done behind the cover that is screwed on behind the clutch? Also, the chainbrak doesn't seem to be any different if it's off or on. I'm not entirely sure how it's supposed to work. Looks to me like it jumst pushes against the drum and stops it, but its gunked up and isnt moving right. I will be selling the saw when I get it all done. Any ideas what it's be worth? Its in very good shape for the most part, and runs very very strong.

Hey guys. Just got done rebuilding an 056 super. I got a Uni filter modified to fit on the saw and its running like a top. Has a 32" bar and had a chance to do some cutting this weekend. It seems like I need to possibly turn the oiler up a little, but don't know how on this saw. Does it have adjustment that has to be done behind the cover that is screwed on behind the clutch? Also, the chainbrak doesn't seem to be any different if it's off or on. I'm not entirely sure how it's supposed to work. Looks to me like it jumst pushes against the drum and stops it, but its gunked up and isnt moving right. I will be selling the saw when I get it all done. Any ideas what it's be worth? Its in very good shape for the most part, and runs very very strong.
can't tell you waht it's worth - but I can tell you the oiler adjuster is on the bottom - underneath near the clutch cover IIRC. The screw head often gets plugged with 5hit so you can't see it - clean the bottom and it'll be there. But also make sure the oil pickup hose is clear, and the plastic drive gears are ok.
The chain brake band may be snapped if it's not working...

Latest posts

Back