066 leaking oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGK4

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an 066 with Alaskan Mill that has started to leak oil as soon as I bring it up to speed for a few seconds. It starts and runs great. In the pics one can see the general set up and then the close up has an arrow I drew on the saw with a sharpie marker that shows where the oil is leaking out from as I am milling. The saw is in a horizontal position so that corner with the arrow is the low point, I guess. Any comments out there? I am good at the small stuff - plugs air filter, chain and bar, but don't get much deeper than that. Any help would be appreciated.View attachment 241707View attachment 241708

i had this issue with my 66 in the mill. 5 dollars for the backing plate behind the bar fixed it. was just tweeked enough it leaked even with the bar tightened down. can always run the saw without side cover. obviously big washers to hold the bar down and alittle common sence to verify where your leaking from

i had this issue with my 66 in the mill. 5 dollars for the backing plate behind the bar fixed it. was just tweeked enough it leaked even with the bar tightened down. can always run the saw without side cover. obviously big washers to hold the bar down and alittle common sence to verify where your leaking from

Thanks - that sounds like something I will pursue when I get back to working with the saw
It is likely hibernated for the winter - depends on weather

Back