066 with low compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chamber has bn cut and the cylinder lowered or some piston work, squish that big a 066 won't have that much compression without work. It's probably ported.

What cylinder is on it?

I wish I knew the brand of AM jug.......

You guys watch HL Supply for a new performance orientated 066/660 top end to be released. I ported and machined a new OEM top end, and Bruce sent it to be used as a model. He's been sending me samples of top ends for several saws over the last few months, and they have been of very nice quality. We are doing a MS661 top end now......

I do think there is a thinner base gasket that is used in higher elevations. I'd have to dig thru media cat.......

No its used, I've got a stack and they'll go from 010 to 017. I have some oem paper one's that are 035 I believe

I've never used a new one, I just dig through the pile I got for the one I want.
I stopped using sealer, I make to much of a mess with it, if the base is thick enough that is.

There is also the chance that the guage reads high but it was very close when hit with my air compressor

I have had the jug off once and did not notice and modification but will pull it again on the weekend as you lot have me curious now
It definitely has a gasket in it
No idea of the brand but I will see what I can find out. I still have the original owners number.

It's not ported, I had to remove the factory lips and burs from the casting in the ports. The intake port had a big 2mm lip along the bottom of the intake port

I might take it to the Stihl shop and ask if their mechanic can screw in his compression tester

I've had the cylinder off my 064 50 times and have never changed the gasket.
It's a piece of metal, if it was fiber I would change it.
Trying different things and having the cylinder on and off the sealor is a pain.

There is also the chance that the guage reads high but it was very close when hit with my air compressor

I have had the jug off once and did not notice and modification but will pull it again on the weekend as you lot have me curious now
It definitely has a gasket in it
No idea of the brand but I will see what I can find out. I still have the original owners number.

It's not ported, I had to remove the factory lips and burs from the casting in the ports. The intake port had a big 2mm lip along the bottom of the intake port

I might take it to the Stihl shop and ask if their mechanic can screw in his compression tester
I wouldn't remove that lip in the intake, the less intake the better.

Latest posts

Back