075 drill start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the old homeowner black and decker firestorm combo didn't hold up for me for long. Was looking into one of the makita driver sets myself. I have an old hitachi hammer drill.

Thanks for sharing such good ideas.

Dang old saw has broke the screw in my new 18V Bosch!! The old gal is too much for a cordless drill 3/8 and 1/2. I am giong back to the starter cover, but will run an external fuel still. More to follow after I get a few parts.

Getting tired of my old saw breaking everytime I try to mill. Trying to get some pine milled before the end of the year; going back to Iraq.

I hear you on that. I'm seriously considering getting a bandsaw mill at this point. Higher cost entry point, but total cost of ownership has got to be less, especially if you factor in how much your time is worth. (Hint: you'd better be paying yourself at least minimum wage. Lots of people aren't).

I spent a good 3 hours Saturday trying to mill up some Black Locust. Trying was the key word here, because for all of that effort, I ended up with one 6' long slab, 24" wide, and 4" thick. Man that is some *heavy* and tough wood!

I ran out of daylight, the logs were too big to move (and had to be moved Saturday), so I ended up chunking what was left into firewood.

-Steve

Steve, I hear you on that. Dang shame on the Locust. I know that is alot harder wood than Hickory. It makes good fencing material as long as you put it up as soon as you mill it. If you don't you will be drilling pilot holes for every nail. Also good for cross ties.

More to follow on this project. I will work on it during lunch break today. Have a blessed day

Trever

Back