076av bar oiler failure?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnx963

Reaction score
Sharping the chain and decided to run without the bar to check the oiler, no oil while its running. Manual oiler works fine. Checked the variable control and its on the max +. Cleaned the resevoir and inspected as visible from the filler, nothing obvious. Asking for help, what is the next step. I don't have any manuals the help figure out the problem.

The obvious answer is to box it up and send it to me. I'll work the kinks out and return it to you not later than 2018AD.

I think I have some manuals... PM me your email addy.

Ian

The possible answer is a bad oil pick up hose, the likely answer is a worn worm gear on the oil pump. Actually there is the worm gear and the oil pump shaft that should both be replaced at the same time if that is the problem, and if it is the problem the parts are the better part of a "C" note. It is an easy fix with taking the clutch off being the most dificult part besides finding the parts. It is definately worth fixing.

Latest posts

Back