• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 084 av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Kline

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have a clean ms290 with a 390 top end kit and timing advanced on it with 20in bar to trade and cash to boot for a 084 av needing some work or one that needs fixed up.

You may have trouble with this trade. I sold a non-running Stihl 084 project saw last summer, PHO, for about a grand. Some prefer the 084 to the 088 and a few like it better than the 880. Anyway, good luck.
Ya I figured it’s a long shot but every once in awhile ya might get lucky I think. I was more or so looking for one that needed a lot of work thou. When I wasn’t looking I’ve seen a few for a decent price. I don’t need and 084 I just want one lol so no hurry

Sometimes you can find project saws, but they're generally expensive - around $500 for a box of parts seems to be the going rate. If you need a muffler, good luck - hard to find and marginal OEM ones are bringing $200-$300.

Back