084 cylinder piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00juice

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all,
Well, my ebay saw listed good/running, has no compression. Hoped it would only need a piston, but definately needs both. Already over budget, and can't afford stihl dealer prices. Having a baby soon, and the saw budget is shot. If anyone has any leads on a new or used cylinder piston, I'm looking.
Thanks

Hi all,
Well, my ebay saw listed good/running, has no compression. Hoped it would only need a piston, but definately needs both. Already over budget, and can't afford stihl dealer prices. Having a baby soon, and the saw budget is shot. If anyone has any leads on a new or used cylinder piston, I'm looking.
Thanks

Get a cylinder hone and hone the cylinder first. I find that the steel cylinder will have a lot of aluminum build up and look like it is ruined. after a good WET hone you might not have to replace anything but the piston and rings.

I sent the saw to Dean at WHS. He tried to hone it first, but said it is not going to work. He's also looking for something for me.
Thanks

Well, I bought a cylinder for the saw, now I just need a piston. Can't wait to get this thing together and get milling. Can't wait to see how this will compare with the stage III compared to my stock 066. I have 2 nice honey locust logs in my front yard just begging for me to mill. Unfortunately the temp has been below 15 degrees for like two weeks, so I havent' even tried the 066 yet. Better times to come soon.

Hey Juice I found a piston in e-bay stores. I believe its made by golf or gulf. Looks to be complete with rings and all. Has a $35 BIN on it. Hope this helps.

Hey Juice I found a piston in e-bay stores. I believe its made by golf or gulf. Looks to be complete with rings and all. Has a $35 BIN on it. Hope this helps.

Oops, Sorry I just saw in your post in the chainsaw forum ANYTHING BUT A GULF. My bad.

Latest posts

Back