084 parts availability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a case gasket, seals, bearings, and base gasket from my dealer last year. Took about 3-4 weeks for him to receive everything.

I still have the part numbers I think if you need any.

Can I still get parts from the dealer. Like a gasket kit?

If you have a part # from the IPL a dealer should be able to check on the current parts price list.

I looked at a 2019 list, no gasket kit listed, but both seals and case gasket are. Have somebody check 2020 parts price list

9640 003 2250 Oil seal B20x39x4 clutch side
9640 003 1600 Oil seal 15x29.6x4 flywheel side
1124 029 050 Case gasket

Flywheel side seal (Oil seal 17x32.9x5) and case gasket have different part #s than 088, but gasket set is listed for 088

You can still get the case gasket from a dealer, and the PTO side bearing is the same as 088/MS-880, so you should be able to get that
for a long time. Flywheel side seal is the same as the PTO side seal for 046/MS-460 (Mad Professor has posted the number above).
PTO side seal is the same as 088/MS-880 so it will be available for a long time.

There's an aftermarket version of the case gasket available in Europe for when the OEM version goes NLA.

Great stuff guys! What about the auxiliary Oiler cable and rubber grommet, Non HD air filter, Oil line to tank, post Oiler line, and impulse line to case?

Unfortunately the auxiliary oiler cable has been NLA for a while, so you have to find new old stock or used somewhere, same with the non-HD air filter.

Oil line, post oil line, and impulse line are all pretty easy to come up with.

Stihl uses some parts on several different saws. Jacob gave an example above, here is another....

The gasket/seal set for a 028 is NLA, but the seals are

A BR400 blower uses the same seals, and the gasket/seal kit is cheaper than the seals alone. So get the BR400 kit if you need seals for a 028.

Stihl uses some parts on several different saws. Jacob gave an example above, here is another....

The gasket/seal set for a 028 is NLA, but the seals are

A BR400 blower uses the same seals, and the gasket/seal kit is cheaper than the seals alone. So get the BR400 kit if you need seals for a 028.
This I am aware of. Seals and bearings are often standardized items used in several applications.

Unfortunately the auxiliary oiler cable has been NLA for a while, so you have to find new old stock or used somewhere, same with the non-HD air filter.

Oil line, post oil line, and impulse line are all pretty easy to come up with.
Mine should work, it's just mostly missing the plastic sheath. Maybe some heat shrink would work.

alright I think I have a handle on everything then. Now I have to decided weather I want to stick with this non hd filter setup or spend the money on a used HD setup. Saw will be going to a local arborist. Very torn. Mainly because of the cost...

I'm glad I saved a lot of 084 parts now,I still have 6 early non-governed carbs to use for modded saws. It pays in the long run to keep critical parts from models when they get older. In motorcycle shops I used to make new cables,we had inner,outer, ends etc. Don't know if you can still buy the inner and outer cables from them,if so making a new oiler cable shouldn't be too hard.

Latest posts

Back