084 Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustytools

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Awesome... Thanks for the pics

What do you have such a sort bar on that beast for? lol.

Mine is almost back together...Totally rebuilt and painted the case, covers and new plastic...I've got a lot more in it that first anticipated...lol

Awesome... Thanks for the pics

What do you have such a sort bar on that beast for? lol.

Mine is almost back together...Totally rebuilt and painted the case, covers and new plastic...I've got a lot more in it that first anticipated...lol

The 25 inch bar is the one that came with it when I got it Freak. I have a 44 inch double-ended bar that it will claim when milling time rolls around.

Dusty,
Was your saw that clean when you got it, or did you spend some time getting it to look that nice. Mine came in the mail friday, everything looked ok, but it was very dirty and faded plastic. I took it straight to the stihl shop to get looked over before I fired it up. I should have it back from teh shop mid week. I can't wait to get it milling. I have some honey locust in my front yard i want to get it into. I milled a small chunk of it today with the 066. It took quite a while to get though it. It was frozen pretty good. I'll post some pics sometime this week. Nice Saw Dusty.

Dusty,
Was your saw that clean when you got it, or did you spend some time getting it to look that nice. Mine came in the mail friday, everything looked ok, but it was very dirty and faded plastic. I took it straight to the stihl shop to get looked over before I fired it up. I should have it back from teh shop mid week. I can't wait to get it milling. I have some honey locust in my front yard i want to get it into. I milled a small chunk of it today with the 066. It took quite a while to get though it. It was frozen pretty good. I'll post some pics sometime this week. Nice Saw Dusty.

Thanks Juice, The saw came this way, in fact I might have actually got a little dirt on it when i was messing around with it at the wood pile. I didnt have mine checked out before I ran it other than what I did myself. Cant wait to see your pics. I had to order a rim for mine because Im still running .404 and it came with a 3/8 rim. Im gonna switch over to 3/8 when I wear out my .404 chains.

... The saw came this way...

That's a clean one, you done good. The ones I'm seeing on ebay look a little rough around the edges compared to that one, and bringing a fair amount of $$ at that.

I sure would like to hear a few comments on the 084 vrs the 066. I'm really leaning hard on picking one up and getting rid of my 066 and 460. I'm thinking I could use the 084 for bucking and felling every now and then if it's not too hard to handle. Thoughts?

NICE 084!!!

got saw envy... still looking for the right deal!

That's a clean one, you done good. The ones I'm seeing on ebay look a little rough around the edges compared to that one, and bringing a fair amount of $$ at that.

I sure would like to hear a few comments on the 084 vrs the 066. I'm really leaning hard on picking one up and getting rid of my 066 and 460. I'm thinking I could use the 084 for bucking and felling every now and then if it's not too hard to handle. Thoughts?
Ive only used it for maybe a total of five minutes or so but it did get heavy real quick like. Ive never ran a 660 or a 460 so I wouldnt know how to compare then, Although it does feel quite a bit heavier than my 395.

Ive only used it for maybe a total of five minutes or so but it did get heavy real quick like. Ive never ran a 660 or a 460 so I wouldnt know how to compare then, Although it does feel quite a bit heavier than my 395.

After you've had a chance to use it a little more, let me know how handling it compares to the 395. Sometimes the fever clouds rational thinking.:D

24's, 46's, 66's and the 84's all have there place. As the tree gets bigger so does the saw.;)

The beast

that saw looks alike the one i used to have----no wonder-it is. That saw is a powerhouse and it would handle everything that all 245lbs of me could give it. I take care of my saws and im glad to see in landed in a good new home with someone who will use the heck out of it. They don't do u any good sitting in the shed. dustytools im glad to like my former saw and run the sprocket off of it!!!!

that saw looks alike the one i used to have----no wonder-it is. That saw is a powerhouse and it would handle everything that all 245lbs of me could give it. I take care of my saws and im glad to see in landed in a good new home with someone who will use the heck out of it. They don't do u any good sitting in the shed. dustytools im glad to like my former saw and run the sprocket off of it!!!!

Im glad to see that you made it to the site. As I told you earlier, I havent had a chance to mill with it yet but I will post some pictures of it in milling form ASAP. I hope you enjoy AS, there are a lot of good people here. After you check out some of the action shots here in milling you may just have to run out and get you another BEAST and a mill, LOL. Good to hear from you.

My New Beast

the new beast that im gonna be running part time this summer is a clarmin carriage, cuts 20 footers, 48" in diameter, 60" head saw with a top saw, saw cab-computer setworks, 3 headblocks with auto clamping dogs, vertical edger, live deck, double end trim, and a band mill for cutting grade, also all logs will be debarked before hitting the live deck. The company i am currently working for is a self sustained logging-sawing company and i plan to log 2-3 days and week and learn to headsaw the remaining days. this is will be my new Beast that i will be milling with.

the new beast that im gonna be running part time this summer is a clarmin carriage, cuts 20 footers, 48" in diameter, 60" head saw with a top saw, saw cab-computer setworks, 3 headblocks with auto clamping dogs, vertical edger, live deck, double end trim, and a band mill for cutting grade, also all logs will be debarked before hitting the live deck. The company i am currently working for is a self sustained logging-sawing company and i plan to log 2-3 days and week and learn to headsaw the remaining days. this is will be my new Beast that i will be milling with.

WOW, sounds cool. Any chance of us seeing some pictures?

pictures

there is a good possibility that i will be able to get pictures of the whole set up, JD 540D Turbo cable skidder, JD 648D Turbo grapple, Barko 275B bucksaw, '95 3/4 ton Cummins dodge 4x4-filled up with 395 husky's, Bell hotsaw feller buncher, frieghtliner semi-pulpwood, log, flatbed, and 2 van trailers(for chips) 3 loaders, and also a pallet mill with a 3 blade baker bandmill. good setup for a family owned business

should be starting on a 277 tree, 70000 bft job here pretty soon(if it ever dries up or gets cold enough)-have some pics

then i got 40 acres of grade white oak to select cut-try to get some pics

i will also post some pics of the 066 that im gonna redo

Latest posts

Back