• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 088 fixer upper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deets066

Firewood hack
Reaction score
Lookin for a cheaper 088 for a tree service buddy of mine, he's kickin the idea around about getting a saw to pull a 60" bar. So I told him I'd take a peek around.

There's no cheap and 088/880 sadly. Bill G has some of those and 3120s so you could check with him.

What are you wanting to spend. I have one with all the parts to fix it. I cleaned the cylinder found new piston and ring kit. New oem rubbers and seal kit. I just haven't had time to put it together yet.

What are you wanting to spend. I have one with all the parts to fix it. I cleaned the cylinder found new piston and ring kit. New oem rubbers and seal kit. I just haven't had time to put it together yet.
I personally don't want to spend anything :laugh:, I checkin what's out there and available for my buddy. I'm not sure what his price range is, what would you want to get out of it?

we got a fixer upper down here...come take a look. a real shitbomb...needs lots of work but you did say fixer upper :)

Yea my CAD kicked in and I am probably just gonna keep mine. She's not in bad shape.

I might be interested in that.
its bad sir....bearings gone, top end trash, crack in the rear handle and the big end of the crank is pretty blue from heat. most plastics have cracks and breaks, recoil housing has breaks. plus we gave to much for trade in because we like the guy and he bought a few saws at the same time. I was just bustin on ol deets, he don't have the time to fix this one up...but id be happy to send pics.

No wasn't offered less just don't see big saws like it down here in ole KY. I just have to put the old bird together. Sorry but if I was offered more than what I had in it I might rethink it. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it yet.

No wasn't offered less just don't see big saws like it down here in ole KY. I just have to put the old bird together. Sorry but if I was offered more than what I had in it I might rethink it. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it yet.

$601

Did I win?...........LOL!

its bad sir....bearings gone, top end trash, crack in the rear handle and the big end of the crank is pretty blue from heat. most plastics have cracks and breaks, recoil housing has breaks. plus we gave to much for trade in because we like the guy and he bought a few saws at the same time. I was just bustin on ol deets, he don't have the time to fix this one up...but id be happy to send pics.
Let's talk about what it has that is actually good?

I think the recoil handle was in ok shape...you should be able to rebuild it around that.

I know this old post but i am in need of a 880/088 bad. So do any of you guys still have and want to part with your 880s?i have a ton of saws up for trade including 3 084s, 044,362,562,

Back