1/2" Chain For Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van K

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Borg Warner/ Atkins Saw Division 163C, 1/2", .063 gauge, Chamfer cutter chain. There are 60 drive links and the chain doesn't appear to have ever been used. I'm asking $90 Plus Shipping.

I've been told that people are asking anywhere from $1.50 to $3.00 per drive link for 1/2 inch chain. I have also been offered a couple of $7.00 maintenance manuals in exchange. There is probably a little greed at both ends of the spectrum. I chose $90 to start because that seemed about rite with the information I had. If a new chain for my Homelite 330 costs $25 then a collecters chain should be somewhere above that. I do realize that its not the highly collectable square chisel cutter chain (some have told me that they would drive to my front door for one of those) but it must be of value to someone.

What do you think would be reasonable? I'm willing to listen to reason. :confused:

1/2", .063, 60 DL of chipper chain.

I bought 52 links of chipper chain for my 5-20 saw off ebay for $19.65 including shipping. I did have a fellow offer me some chipper chain at one time for $2.00/dl (he originally wanted $3.00/dl), told him that someone else could probably make better use of that chain than I. OK, talk later and Happy Holidays to all. Lewis.

Well,for what it's worth,I got a 56 driver loop of oregon # 10,as well as about 40 other odd ball loops of different pitches,for a little over $20. plus shipping.Prior to that,I got 25 ft of bulk Carlton,plus 5 tie straps for around $45.As JJ pointed out,it is the square ground chisel,that is highly prized.

I have a feeling the chain Van k is trying to sell was sold on ebay awhile back. I seem to remember a very similar chain. Of course I may be wrong as I have been in the past. What really irritates me is the brand new uncut reel of Stihl 1/2 pitch chain I sold for $50 when I thought I had no use for it.

Bill

Loops of chain:

Ha. Any Loops of 7/16" pitch chain out there (oregon 62C)? Just thought I'd ask for S***s and giggles. Lewis.

This chain was in the bottom of the chain saw case that came with a Homelite 330 I bought. The reason it may seem familiar is because I posted a thread a while back to find out what kind of chain it was (What Chain Do I Have?). All I knew at the time was that it sure didn't fit the 330.

I'll just hang it in my garage and if anyone needs it, let me know. $90 is pretty high so make me a reasonable offer.

Latest posts

Back