10/1 ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10/1

The new ropes are rated at better than 10/1 or are you still climbing with manila? Myself, I try to stay away from the new aluminium hi-tech stuff, stick to steel or stainless with better than 10/1 rating. It is your life on the line. Have not worked with the plasma line yet, cost a bunch. Have some stuff costom made at a shop near here for loops and straps. Way past 10/1, never know when it will be handy to have. Oops, the new pulleys have hi-tech aluminium wheels, sheaves, in them. You can have OSHA on you for not using at least 10/1.

work safe/ live long

i think in terms of 20/1 + for life support 130# hanging on a 7000# test line doubled over is what??????

I beleive you asked on rigging though, i like 10/1 especially on synthetics, load in the air; might tweak over that some before putting another leg of support on; but only at zero impact. Some of the overkill is in there to cover impacting/shock loading, so as i push ceiling try to factor it out.

Latest posts

Back