1100 CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don`t send anything to Canada through the courier companies, they rape us on our end charging a brokerage fee that will most times equal or exceed the actual cost of the item being shipped. They tack the entire cost of the item ,cost of shipping, taxes and import fees/duty together then they are allowed to charge us a brokerage fee that always equals the costs I mentioned earlier. I demand anything being shipped to me to be sent through USPS and only ship parts out through Canada Post, they don`t charge a brokerage fee.

You did good at the price you paid

Now it is cleaned up a bit, some parts found and fitted- I think so also.
When I rebuilt my 2100 I ended up with some handy spare parts, the saw already has a 2100 ignition fitted- so hopefully still has some life left in it yet as they are hard to find here- after cleaning up a bit the pawls seem to be engaging much better.
So all in all a win of sorts.

It is set up with an old Windsor aftermarket spur drive clutch bell for .404. I have a new but had been badly stored 32" Oregon Powermatch Plus bar sitting doing nothing (currently 3/8- but an easy change), so this is kind of where I am seeing this saw as being set up.

I don't live in Australia- but good to know you know more about our importing of goods system than I do- I am not buying to moly coated piston anyhow- I will use a spare 2100 one I already have.
I believe you may have misunderstood what I meant. I have zero idea how your ridiculous duties work. I just go off what buyers tell me from different countries. I figure they know their own situations.. I know they always want things sent USPS due to duties. It used to be fine. About 20 years ago when USPS did away with their agreement with FedEx they did away with sea shipping and bought their own airplanes. That really increased shipping costs. You have some great members down there that arrange for their own shipping through a broker. I am not sure how they get it done. I see you joined in 2019 so I believe Bob Cornwell (McBob) had sadly passed by then. Years ago he had a system where I believe they were packing saws in the trunks of cars being imported to Australia or New Zealand. I believe but I am not certain he got his bobbie in the wringer a time or two with customs though.

Don`t send anything to Canada through the courier companies, they rape us on our end charging a brokerage fee that will most times equal or exceed the actual cost of the item being shipped. They tack the entire of the item ,cost of shipping, taxes and import fees/duty together then they are allowed to charge us a brokerage fee that always equals the costs I mentioned earlier. I demand anything being shipped to me to be sent through USPS and only ship parts out through Canada Post, they don`t charge a brokerage fee.
I am trying to get some Scepter cans sent here from Canada but the Canada post shipping is even worse than USPS. I wish I could find someone close to the Manitoba/Ontario border with the USA that can ship them hopefully cheaper. I can probably even arrange for UPS shipping. A great man agreed to help me but he is in the Yukon. That is a long ways away

I believe you may have misunderstood what I meant. I have zero idea how your ridiculous duties work. I just go off what buyers tell me from different countries. I figure they know their own situations.. I know they always want things sent USPS due to duties. It used to be fine. About 20 years ago when USPS did away with their agreement with FedEx they did away with sea shipping and bought their own airplanes. That really increased shipping costs. You have some great members down there that arrange for their own shipping through a broker. I am not sure how they get it done. I see you joined in 2019 so I believe Bob Cornwell (McBob) had sadly passed by then. Years ago he had a system where I believe they were packing saws in the trunks of cars being imported to Australia or New Zealand. I believe but I am not certain he got his bobbie in the wringer a time or two with customs though.

That is because years ago there were huge import tariffs here on imported goods in a hope of encouraging local production- they were also scrapped long ago. Yes there are work arounds- you free ship to an address in the lower 48, they collect and repack as one and forward it to you Internationally at a much reduced rate- but for one piston- who cares, I can probably order it direct from the same Asian supplier they do and get free shipping- but I'm not going to.
But it seems our duties are ridiculous, so take it to the political section. This is about an old well used Husqvarna 1100 CD.

That is because years ago there were huge import tariffs here on imported goods in a hope of encouraging local production- they were also scrapped long ago. Yes there are work arounds- you free ship to an address in the lower 48, they collect and repack as one and forward it to you Internationally at a much reduced rate- but for one piston- who cares, I can probably order it direct from the same Asian supplier they do and get free shipping- but I'm not going to.
But it seems our duties are ridiculous, so take it to the political section. This is about an old well used Husqvarna 1100 CD.
I agree it is about an old 1100 that you did well on.

As viewed through the exhaust port- missing section of piston. Had to pop the cylinder to find out why and how. It just seemed odd to see that section between the rings missing- yet above and below seems to be intact.
I believe the culprit is the locator pin in the top groove- appears to be missing- or at least the bit that should terminate just inside the piston face to the bottom of the groove is, so best guess is the ring floated around until the open end caught the exhaust port on the way up?
Slight marks in the piston and the cylinder at that position, but no mashed metal to top of piston/squish band and the rings are in pretty pristine condition- so maybe a past owner re ringed the suspect piston!

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Well, wet old day here- so could spend some time with the old dear.
Spare 2ndhand 2100 piston, new rings (1.5mm), spare clutch cover in much nicer condition, old Homelite kill switch, chain adjuster out of something similar, new recoil decal compliments of a mate (also supplied the Homelite switch) and probably a few other dribs and drabs.
Almost more 2100 parts in it now than original 1100 parts! But it's back together and runs, currently sporting a GB 42 inch bar and running .404 chain.
Needs to burn off the assembly oil, get into some wood and fine tuned- but that will do for now.

image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg

View attachment Video.mov
View attachment Video_1.mov

I'd buy it quick. It's basically the 2100 well can be very close. Nice saw see u got it.

Yep, got it, repaired it and it is ready to make wood chips again.
Basically it is a 2100- with an 1100 tank, it has 2100 ignition flywheel and recoil, piston, clutch cover.
Still has the governed carb- I don't mind that.

Basically it is a 2100- with an 1100 tank, it has 2100 ignition flywheel and recoil, piston, clutch cover.
Still has the governed carb- I don't

Still has the governed carb- I don't mind that.
That's awesome great saws! Old or not.

Latest posts

Back