125 suzuki no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spark test that never fails

My RM125 bikesaw project has no spark. Anyone know how to test the box? any other ideas?

buy a new spark plug and put the boot on it but dont put it in the cylinder,instead hold the bottom of the plug in your hand a fair warning if it has spark it will shock the ???? out of you.if not you need to clean the flywheel and magneto.change the points if it has any.if it doesnt work after that replace the coil pack.it should be readily available at your local suzuki dealer or bike shop.bill howe

HAHAHAHA

He just liked the idea of you shocking yourself. You got it fixed, right?

Fred

Hahaha. I'm having similar problems with my kx250. Romeo checked for spark as described earlier. I laughed at him, and he handed me the plug. I took it (eager to prove I'm not a chicken ****), he assured me he'd pull it easy just before the pulley hit 2000 rpm. Cured my headache instantly.
Damned Son-in-law.:hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Hahaha. I'm having similar problems with my kx250. Romeo checked for spark as described earlier. I laughed at him, and he handed me the plug. I took it (eager to prove I'm not a chicken ****), he assured me he'd pull it easy just before the pulley hit 2000 rpm. Cured my headache instantly.
Damned Son-in-law.:hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

LOL, the bad part is that you'll never let me do that again, and you'll have to spend all of that time and thought on how to get me back.:food:

I took it to the bike shop this morning. I think the CDI is bad, but I don't know how to test it. Hopefully I will get it back with bright blue spark.

I took it to the bike shop this morning. I think the CDI is bad, but I don't know how to test it. Hopefully I will get it back with bright blue spark.

I'm with you on that one, I hate messin with 'lectrics. So does your bike shop look at you like mine looks at me when I bring a bikesaw in? Two feet in the door and they are looking for a crucifix or some garlic.

LOL, the bad part is that you'll never let me do that again, and you'll have to spend all of that time and thought on how to get me back.:food:

Getting even is no problem. I have to restrain myself from doing ornery things to you all the time.
You'll never see it coming. :laugh:

Andy

Trout,
I have a box from and a Suzuki RM250 kicking around. Not sure what year it is from but if you are interested PM me.

Dave

I'm with you on that one, I hate messin with 'lectrics. So does your bike shop look at you like mine looks at me when I bring a bikesaw in? Two feet in the door and they are looking for a crucifix or some garlic.

Ya, they think I'm crazy. The bad part is that the saw's not back yet , and Tupper Lake is this weekend. :mad:

Andy got his sparky back the other day, turns out it was just as simple as a bad coil. But the he decided to shear off some side plate bolts and we gotta race in 8 days:bang:

HAHAHAHA

He just liked the idea of you shocking yourself. You got it fixed, right?

Fred

When i was 12 and started learning how to fix things my dad taught me that and for about a year that is how i tested for spark until; i was showed to set the plug on the cylinder.By my dad.You gotta admit it works.

buy a new spark plug and put the boot on it but dont put it in the cylinder,instead hold the bottom of the plug in your hand a fair warning if it has spark it will shock the ???? out of you.if not you need to clean the flywheel and magneto.change the points if it has any.if it doesnt work after that replace the coil pack.it should be readily available at your local suzuki dealer or bike shop.bill howe

What joke!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob

Trout,
Can you post a good pic of all the wire connections.... Having no place for my black wire with yellow stripe. And I put the switch inline on the red wire.... Need help..... ok insert joke here!

Trout,
Can you post a good pic of all the wire connections.... Having no place for my black wire with yellow stripe. And I put the switch inline on the red wire.... Need help..... ok insert joke here!

The Black with the yellow stripe is the kill wire. The kill switch takes that wire to ground to turn the ignition off. On my motor that wire goes through a momentary normally open switch to a ground stud. The red wire is the one coming from the stator under the flywheel? I don't think I would use a different wire for the kill switch, I wouldn't want to damage that CDI.

Back