14" bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a 14" bar that would work on both my echo cs352 and the cs400.

Can I go with anything other than a lo pro bar? Will i need to change out sprocket?

I am using vxl chains on both saws as it is.

I saw a member did up his saw with a nice professional looking bar with the replaceable nose.... Is that an option for me?

Great forums...

Jc

Looking for a 14" bar that would work on both my echo cs352 and the cs400.

Can I go with anything other than a lo pro bar? Will i need to change out sprocket?

I am using vxl chains on both saws as it is.

I saw a member did up his saw with a nice professional looking bar with the replaceable nose.... Is that an option for me?

Great forums...

Jc
The quoted Oregon bar mount for both saws is 14xxxxxAO41 you can cross ref to other brands to get the correct mount, if you are at present using VXL chain which I assume is 050 gauge that is correct as listed & is 3/8LO PRO. if you wanted to change to say 3/8 std The bar mount would be the same mount # but you would have to renew bar, chain, & sprocket, & would require looking up to get the correct parts for the std size chain, The same would apply if you wanted to go to 325 x 050 set up. I have no experience with these saws so can"t say if you can in fact change to the std 3/8 or 325 set up, it would be a case of looking up parts & #"s to see what is available that will fit.

I think you and those saws will be happier with a good 3/8 lo pro chain such as a Stihl 63ps or ps3 (safety version). The difference is huge. Both cut WAY better than vxl

.325 conversion may be an option, but IMHO a good "Picco" chain is hard to beat for most saws under 45cc.

Need a reasonably priced 14" bar and chain. Suggestions would be appreciated, tried ebay but haven't found much in my price range yet. 140SDEA041 Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Both are 3/8 LowPro, and I have a feeling that you may be stuck there. Oregon does not make a PowerMate drum for the 352. They do make one for the 400EVL, but not the straight-up 400.

Back