• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 1966 Ford Fairlane Convertible, 428, 4 speed, Completely Restored!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling my restored 1966 Fairlane convertible - rebuilt drivetrain (428, toploader 4 sp, 9"), fresh paint, new interior, new wheels and tires, etc, etc. Only selling because I just retired after 26 years in the Army and I need the funds to start a business.

Currently on eBay with No Reserve. Here's the link - https://www.ebay.com/itm/325800327787

IMG_1327.jpg
IMG_1281.jpg

The 390 was internally balanced and had the same stroke as the 406 and 427 Ford motors. The 428 was externally balanced and had a longer stroke. As a result, the 390s were much more durable, you could beat the snot out of them.

Back in the day, I put a 1966 427 Ford side oiler/cross bolted main motor in a 70 Boss 302 Mustang Body and told folks I had the REAL Boss Mustang! It was a Holman & Moody seasoned block, and the crank was trued (cut 10 + 20).

My current 2006 Mustang GT, with Eagle crank, rods and pistons and a Whipple Twin Screw Intercooled SC runs a lot like it. Also has a Steeda Suspension, Griggs Racing lower control arms and torque arm, etc, etc, etc.

It is a straight-line beast that also handles like it is on rails! About 550 Hp and gets over 20 MPG on the highway, so much better than the old days!

Selling my restored 1966 Fairlane convertible - rebuilt drivetrain (428, toploader 4 sp, 9"), fresh paint, new interior, new wheels and tires, etc, etc. Only selling because I just retired after 26 years in the Army and I need the funds to start a business.

Currently on eBay with No Reserve. Here's the link - https://www.ebay.com/itm/325800327787

View attachment 1110426
View attachment 1110427
Pawn it then buy it back.
Check with your credit union before selling.

I'm ok with it being gone. I'll buy another 66 or 67 hardtop soon and do a street/strip build with either a Windsor or FE.

Thanks
Saw one this past week for 16k driver with a 390 in it. The car was decent but imho needed body and paint again. The driveline was right.

Yeah, crazy money on a lightweight. A friend has a 427 Galaxie, wanted to sell at 35, 4-5 years ago. Not really interested, but a cool car. Not sure if he still has it. I I’ll probably be picking up a 1965 Mustang convertible, three on the floor with rusty floors, for 3.5. Supposed to be drivable as is. I think that is a deal too good to pass up - what do you think? MM? I’d customize it to how I want, not concerned about originality. I have 351C looking for a home. Was thinking of putting in ‘69 Bronco, but may reconsider.

Back