1973 Mity Mite refreshing questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponchonutty

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Newbie to this site. So this saw is as old as me. It was my fathers and was always great to use for trimming and such. It still runs great but it needs a new bar and chain. Also, it's pulling the bar oil through the motor and smoking like a Decon Fogger. I would like to find some sort of shop manual/owners manual but can't seem to find one. The tag on it for the model number is TMC-254005A. Thanks in advance!

Nice looking car! Round headlights and the big back window. Had to be a 5 or 6. I sold a 75 a little more than a year ago. So I was leaning 76. The grills are different as are the colors. I’ve always been diehard Pontiac. I prefer goats though. Their a lot easier to work on. 400 or 455 car?

Unfortunately I had to sell it because I fell on hard times. It had around 17k miles on it when it went back in '00. It was

A friend of mine has a white Smokey and the Bandit model Firebird under covers in his garage he bought new, his cousin has a black one. Car is almost mint, I just hate that it's white.

Steve

Technically they never did however you could order the SE decal kit on anything. Also some dealers would make SE cars on the lot.

I like the white one the best. Stuffed with some round ports. Raiv, H.O or SD. I’m not picky

I like the white one the best. Stuffed with some round ports. Raiv, H.O or SD. I’m not picky
That one I have issues with. All my life I wanted an early 2nd gen bird. I found this one some guy "restored". Ended up that the car spent most of its life on the dragstrip. I found out real quick don't try to put a ex hillbilly race car back on the street lol. He painted it with tractor paint! I was able to work it enough it looked pretty good. It was actually a '70 Formula factory 350/4sp car. When I had it, it had a warmed over '71 455 with a small cam. Ran real good but it seemed every time I went to drive it, something broke. I got mad and put it on Ebay with no reserve. Now I wish I would have kept it but it probably would have still just made me mad. Odd thing about it was the entire front end was fiberglass. From what I gathered it was all GM but wasn't suppose to be sold to the public. Even the inner and outer fenders were glass and looked just like the metal ones. Word was that GM used fiberglass for mock-ups and experimental vehicles until they got all the dyes made. Here's a walk around

Here's the last one I had. It was mostly original although I did paint it myself. The old paint was in very poor shape. Luckily it was totally rust free! It was by far the nicest riding bird I've owned to date. It didn't run all that well when I first got it but after playing with the turbo, it spooled real nice and surprised a lot of guys! Right now I am holding out for my first TA to buy back. That's the silver and red one. It was the first car I ever painted at the ripe old age of 19. I almost got into the autobody business because of that car but ended up going another direction instead

Back