• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 1987 F350 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel Dually Project - Virginia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My '87 F350 project is now for sale on eBay with No Reserve. Here's the link in case anyone is interested - https://www.ebay.com/itm/325687885812

I have a lot of $ and time invested in the truck; someone is going to get one hell of a deal.

Here's why I'm selling -

Thanks,

Scott

Thank you for your service!

I'd recommend heading over to oilburners.net and letting them know its for sale. That has always been the best sight for information on the 6.9 and 7.3L IDI. I had a naturally aspirated '93 that I drove for years. It was the best working truck that I ever owned. It was a rough ride, but I had north of 5,000 lbs in the bed on multiple occasions and it didn't care one bit. It would pull a loaded trailer up an extremely steep incline noticeably better than my 2000 powerstroke can even after installing a chip. Would have loved to see how it could pull with a turbo charger and an upgraded exhaust. In the end, it was getting too expensive to maintain the drive train, and the body was toast. I put a D60 under it which cost me over $4K by the time it was all said and done. That's almost as much as I had given for the truck. Made me sick to my stomach because 2 years prior (pre-cash for clunkers) you could find them in good shape for around a grand. Sorry to hear you have to let her go. Maybe the folks over at oilburners can help you get a better price out of it. I let mine go for $500 because the fuel pump had gone out of it and I couldn't justify the $1,000 repair with the powerstroke sitting in the driveway. IDI was an extended cab and the powerstroke is a CC which was needed to accommodate the family. I still miss that truck. I'd love to find another one in good shape that I could afford.

Thank you for your service!

I'd recommend heading over to oilburners.net and letting them know its for sale. That has always been the best sight for information on the 6.9 and 7.3L IDI. I had a naturally aspirated '93 that I drove for years. It was the best working truck that I ever owned. It was a rough ride, but I had north of 5,000 lbs in the bed on multiple occasions and it didn't care one bit. It would pull a loaded trailer up an extremely steep incline noticeably better than my 2000 powerstroke can even after installing a chip. Would have loved to see how it could pull with a turbo charger and an upgraded exhaust. In the end, it was getting too expensive to maintain the drive train, and the body was toast. I put a D60 under it which cost me over $4K by the time it was all said and done. That's almost as much as I had given for the truck. Made me sick to my stomach because 2 years prior (pre-cash for clunkers) you could find them in good shape for around a grand. Sorry to hear you have to let her go. Maybe the folks over at oilburners can help you get a better price out of it. I let mine go for $500 because the fuel pump had gone out of it and I couldn't justify the $1,000 repair with the powerstroke sitting in the driveway. IDI was an extended cab and the powerstroke is a CC which was needed to accommodate the family. I still miss that truck. I'd love to find another one in good shape that I could afford.

Yeah, oilburners is by far the best site for the 6.9 and 7.3 IDI. I'm a member there and I've let them know it's for sale.

Thanks

Scott

Good luck with your sale. I have done multiple frame off restorations and a few resto-mods and you never come close to getting your time and money out of them. Always hurts a bit to see them go, even worse for unfinished projects.

Good luck with your sale. I have done multiple frame off restorations and a few resto-mods and you never come close to getting your time and money out of them. Always hurts a bit to see them go, even worse for unfinished projects.
Yep. I have had several dozen classic cars. Rarely make $ on anything I sell but that’s ok. I know this one will be painful financially but it is what it is.

Thanks

Back