1987 Ford Ranger WITH DUMP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My garden trailer will pull 750 pounds that truck is a piece. I wouldn't go down to Ga to pick it up I would be inbarrassed to drive that piece around. It would have to be a farm truck becasue I wouldnt want everyone to laugh at me.

Is it just me or is that pretty much a stock trash dumpster? What a piece...

DanManofStihl said:
It would have to be a farm truck becasue I wouldnt want everyone to laugh at me.
In my experience, folks who are so concerned with appearances are usually trying to compensate for something.

I dont know if the engine in that thing can handle hauling much more than 500 pounds in the back. the only engine options available for that year were a 2.3L 4 cyl, and a 2.8/2.9l v6, which was famous for cracking heads.

spacemule said:
In my experience, folks who are so concerned with appearances are usually trying to compensate for something.

And in my experience, folks making ^these^ statements are usually to fugly to even worry about appearance.
:p :D :blob2:

I guess it depends what you are doing, I think it would be better if it had an automatic. Would be nice for getting a load of wood over the basement stairway doors. Beat the hell out off a 6x6 ATV with a dump box and you might have heat.
I guess some of you guys don't feel like you can pee while standing unless you drive a 10 ton military Mack to church and trim an apple tree with a 090.

No, I just know my rangers, and that generation would DEFINATELY work best with a bigger motor, like a 302, or 351W motor under the hood. the 2.3l engine had little power and really wasnt the best engine for a truck. their 2.8/2.9 motor wasnt reallly that rugged either, it would crack heads if it overheated, so its kinda not a great choice.

Marco said:
I guess it depends what you are doing, I think it would be better if it had an automatic. Would be nice for getting a load of wood over the basement stairway doors. Beat the hell out off a 6x6 ATV with a dump box and you might have heat.
I guess some of you guys don't feel like you can pee while standing unless you drive a 10 ton military Mack to church and trim an apple tree with a 090.

If the apple tree is 8" dbh or larger using an 090 isn't overkill..........unless it's piped.

Latest posts

Back