>$2000 for a 090AV??!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And......? Got something to tell us?:clap:

No NO! not me guys!!!
I run my saws! That there is for the higher class folks! To high end of a saw for me I reckon! If I did get it I would put 40:1, some bar oil it and ruin it! LOL!!!

BUT STAY TUNED! I have pillaged a NICE saw, and combined it with the almighty 090G to bring you the first TEDDY SCOUT HYBRID!!!!

Just wait it is one for the AS hall of fame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes a fellow wonder what in the world this might be worth. All original, including the bar and chain that had never been sharpened until a couple weeks ago. No, I couldn't do that. But it sure makes you curious.

853426523_6wVzF-M.jpg

853425415_b72MB-M.jpg

853425846_gm6pP-M.jpg

853426473_LBeJv-M.jpg

Makes a fellow wonder what in the world this might be worth. All original, including the bar and chain that had never been sharpened until a couple weeks ago. No, I couldn't do that. But it sure makes you curious.

I hear ya!!!!! Trust me I hear ya!

But keep in mind, NEW That is a totally different beast, with parties that seem to go a bit deeper in there pockets!!!!

Where in the heck are people finding these new? I would love to come across one of those.
Snelling, is that your 090g? Sucker is killer! I'm so jeaulous! I want a new 090!!!!! and a new 076 too. :jawdrop:

Where in the heck are people finding these new? I would love to come across one of those.
Snelling, is that your 090g? Sucker is killer! I'm so jeaulous! I want a new 090!!!!! and a new 076 too. :jawdrop:

You mean like this one:greenchainsaw: I wasn't quite done with it yet when I took these shots.

446845256_QAuVf-M.jpg

446845820_LFyg6-L.jpg

Hey! It is not a 090! It is a G!!!!!!!! LOL!!!
I have run both, and the G is a dream!
I like it cause it makes up for my lack in size and strength!
WOW! I just said that! Therapist was right! I feel better now!!!

I have tears in myeyes! Dude you're king! I guess I will just have to start saving cash and hunting.

I do have a lead on a couple big stihls:

My friend's dad runs a little sawmill, has a 460 and a few other saws. Says his dad has two monster stihls that dont run. Says they're old and very big and wide and heavy! He said his dad would give me one if I could jjust get the other to run, choice is mine on the one I want. He said he would dig them out of the barn for me soon. I will post a thread when I get them. I' m only hoping they're 090 076 etc. Praying they are!!!

The 090G I just bought a few weeks ago from the KY Department of Forestry. It had sat for decades and the chain had never even been sharpened. The 076 Super I build from scratch starting with a set of NOS cases.

I have tears in myeyes! Dude you're king! I guess I will just have to start saving cash and hunting.

I do have a lead on a couple big stihls:

My friend's dad runs a little sawmill, has a 460 and a few other saws. Says his dad has two monster stihls that dont run. Says they're old and very big and wide and heavy! He said his dad would give me one if I could jjust get the other to run, choice is mine on the one I want. He said he would dig them out of the barn for me soon. I will post a thread when I get them. I' m only hoping they're 090 076 etc. Praying they are!!!

Anthony, it is leads like that, that will lead you into the cool finds! Ebay and C-list are great. But it is the boots on the ground that will lead you to them trophies!!!!

So I bet it's hard to get some of the parts. I've never even held an 090 or 076 but I'm amazed by them. I can't imagine a 13hp saw! I know my 660 feels like a beast. I bet it's almost impossible to bog one up.

So I bet it's hard to get some of the parts. I've never even held an 090 or 076 but I'm amazed by them. I can't imagine a 13hp saw! I know my 660 feels like a beast. I bet it's almost impossible to bog one up.

If you are a young PUNK like me and haven't learned patience! Some of these are a pain to find, and when you do find them, you are fighting for them tooth and nail! LOL! (keep in mind I am not a fighter and my teeth are full of cavities!)
In hind sight, take a good look at what you want and the availability of what is really available! Or plan on find another saw as a parts saw!

If you are a young PUNK like me and haven't learned patience! Some of these are a pain to find, and when you do find them, you are fighting for them tooth and nail! LOL! (keep in mind I am not a fighter and my teeth are full of cavities!)
In hind sight, take a good look at what you want and the availability of what is really available! Or plan on find another saw as a parts saw!

LoL, just turned 30 but still young at heart. :cheers:

I have developed some patience over the years, mostly from hunting, but I do get exited at the thought of getting a new saw, rifle, or bow. Problem is, all of these habits are really expensive, and the money flow is'nt cuttin it. So I guess the best thing you can do is just put money back, keep an eye out, and be ready to throw the money down when the time comes.:)

Now if I could just learn how to save money!

LoL, just turned 30 but still young at heart. :cheers:

I have developed some patience over the years, mostly from hunting, but I do get exited at the thought of getting a new saw, rifle, or bow. Problem is, all of these habits are really expensive, and the money flow is'nt cuttin it. So I guess the best thing you can do is just put money back, keep an eye out, and be ready to throw the money down when the time comes.:)

Now if I could just learn how to save money!

Got ya beat by 5 years! LOL!!!
My wife saves the money, and patience when looking for saw will save you at least a 3rd!!!!!!

where did you get that hp figure? i have never seen one for either of those saws, or most old saws for that matter.

I could never buy a saw like that and not run it; it's not my DNA to "save" a saw. Everything must have fuel and must work.

There used to be an 090 on the tree service I worked for back in the mid-1980s: we only broke it out when taking down and bucking huge trunks from multi-leader maples and oaks. It was a real beast; the only saw to go to when these huge logs needed to be cut. Just had a massive amount of torque.

Back