2000 international xt55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenbean

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2000 international 4700 with high-ranger xt55. The price on the truck is 23000. It's a forestry package. The owner said the inspection just died on the boom in November 2016 and he had it inspected every year he had it in use. I was wondering if these booms are reliable and if there is anything to look for when I make the trip to check it out. Truck has a dt466 and 5 speed tranny with just north of 90,000 miles. Is 23,000 a reasonable price?

That's not an International model. It would be something like 4700, pro star, etc.

Don't know about booms (I cut trees standing on the ground) but if that truck is 4wd and has a dump bed that's a fair price.
5sp might suck depending on rear end gears and gear splits in the trans. My International is a 10sp and I wish it was a 13 or 18.

That was my fault, it's an International 4700 with a high ranger xt55 boom. Sorry about that.

90k and being a bucket truck that engine probably has a million hours on it check for a hour meter... look for signs of abuse, now it's 17 years old so it's probably not going to sparkle... see how much if any play there is where the bucket attaches to the boom run the boom from lower controls look for excess play and movement in the pedistal, the pins that attach boom and anything else that moves. Don't be afraid to be jumpy on the controls to make that boom load and unload pivot points. We had an over center high ranger on a 94 ford truck ran good but was totally rusted out and boom just straight up wore out I started refusing to go up I it... some big bucket dealer bought it for 12k we expected 6k lol so if yours us in ok shape being a 2000 23k isn't to outa line I'm sure you could get them down to 20...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

90k and being a bucket truck that engine probably has a million hours on it check for a hour meter... look for signs of abuse, now it's 17 years old so it's probably not going to sparkle... see how much if any play there is where the bucket attaches to the boom run the boom from lower controls look for excess play and movement in the pedistal, the pins that attach boom and anything else that moves. Don't be afraid to be jumpy on the controls to make that boom load and unload pivot points. We had an over center high ranger on a 94 ford truck ran good but was totally rusted out and boom just straight up wore out I started refusing to go up I it... some big bucket dealer bought it for 12k we expected 6k lol so if yours us in ok shape being a 2000 23k isn't to outa line I'm sure you could get them down to 20...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I actually asked the fella about the hours on it. He said there was no meter. Thanks for the information! I'm going to check it out this weekend. Anymore info is appreciated guys.

I drove a truck with that engine. Injectors were the big problem. I had to get towed several times. The tow driver would joke that Internationals and Freightliners paid his bills. Having said that, I really liked driving the truck, lots of room in the cab.

Sorry don't know anything about High Ranger lifts, ours had an Altec.

Back