200t oil tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are any special tools needed to install it

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • You figure it out

• A big 🔨

• Total voters

Woody Longbranch

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Apparently the Farmertec 200t failed to install the vent in the oil tank.
After several texts messages back and forth with Farmertec through Amazon they decided to give me a $20 credit if I install one myself. My question is is this the right part number,[1128 640 9100]?
Does it need any special tools to install? Most importantly, does it go in through the outside of the oil tank or through the inside of the oil tank?
The very first time I filled it up with oil the whole tailgate of the truck was covered with oil I thought the Jug had a hole in it and then after a couple of more tries I saw that the oil was leaking out of the saw I just put the saw down for the day and took it home and took a closer look at it behind the bumper was a half moon shaped hole that went clear into the oil tank it's much easier to see if you take the clutch off and the oil pump off.

thank you

Attachments

• 20230223_150851.jpg
    20230223_150851.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230223_150729.jpg
    20230223_150729.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 0
After several texts messages back and forth with Farmertec through Amazon they decided to give me a $20 credit if I install one myself. My question is is this the right part number,[1128 640 9100]?
Does it need any special tools to install? Most importantly, does it go in through the outside of the oil tank or through the inside of the oil tank?
The very first time I filled it up with oil the whole tailgate of the truck was covered with oil I thought the Jug had a hole in it and then after a couple of more tries I saw that the oil was leaking out of the saw I just put the saw down for the day and took it home and took a closer look at it behind the bumper was a half moon shaped hole that went clear into the oil tank it's much easier to see if you take the clutch off and the oil pump off.

thank you
Check your inbox for a 200t service manual and ipl.

thank you
How much did you save by buying chinesium junk, and, if you have no mechanical ability, what the heck are you doing with a chainsaw....?

How much did you save by buying chinesium junk, and, if you have no mechanical ability, what the heck are you doing with a chainsaw....?
Captain Morgan or whatever your name is believe me I have mechanical skills I rebuilt dozens of chainsaws I've just never come across the necessity to replace that particular pot in the tank and when I say rebuilt I mean pistons and cylinders linkages gas tanks I'm not at the level of pressing in The Barrens although I do do the seals so yeah insult is unnecessary I'm about buying American all the way except in some cases I will give a sucker an even break I go through a lot of chainsaws I'm an active climber I have financial obligations and I saved a few hundred bucks or more have a nice day governor captain Chief

Oh don't mean to interrupt but I just fixed one of those saws today.New oem fuel line 20.00. The back av mount and the carb boot are aftermarket. Went to the dealer and ask how much a oem boot would be(you need to sit down for this part) 47 and change.I used aftermarket this time but when it happens again and it will. I will use oem then we will see how much they like there chinesium saw.When I started working on saws I used aftermarket parts because I was dum and cheap.But after a while I discovered they simple don't last or at least that's my opinion.Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET....

Not sticking up for him, but you could buy about 3 of the junkers for one decent 200t.
A tree service crew I do some repairs for used a xhitzaforma 200t full time for 3 seasons before it was retired...just saying.
It needed it's share of "wear" parts replaced but 3 seasons of full time climbing is pretty dang good.

I will agree I just fixed a husqvarna 372 non xtorq they have been using since it was new and still going. I know the top handles get more use. But my statements were my opinion from my own experiences on my own saws.I build 372s for local loggers one logger has three of them and uses them every day for over 2 years no problems. I built another logger 2 back when I first started they didn't last a year either one. They had aftermarket piston and cylinders. My experience with aftermarket is hit or miss mostly miss. But if you like chinesium junk keep using it hopefully it dosn't come back and bite you like it did me. A SIDE NOTE, I used to work for assured casting in my home town we did side work for mahle which is in morriston tn. I know the qc that goes into those parts. Would bet my last dollar that aftermarket parts are not subjected to the quality control That OEM parts are.Does it mean they won't fail of course not. But it does mean they stand a better chance to be good right out of the gate.

A tree service crew I do some repairs for used a xhitzaforma 200t full time for 3 seasons before it was retired...just saying.
It needed it's share of "wear" parts replaced but 3 seasons of full time climbing is pretty dang good.
Tell me how much compression it tests at new and then after 3 years especially after 3 years.

Get a shop manual from @ray benson
It goes in from the outside but you need to read the diagrams and look at the installation depth.
LoneW
Ray sent me the manual instantaneously and I thank them for it and then I paid the $19.99 to be a supporting member and it's well worth it thank you. Just your input alone is worth double that and you've always been very helpful to me in the past thank you

Back