200T wont rev

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_daddy234

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
have a 200t with a bad bogging issue. the saw is in really good condition and not very old. i couldn't see it leaking air as its pretty new. so far ive replaced the carb but still having the issue. piston and cylinder are like new, lots of comp.

are the mufflers prone to plugging up? the saw almost seems choked off at the exhaust. any thoughts?

Hey, my first post! I have a few questions... What exactly does it do? Why did you replace the carb? Have you correctly tuned it? How did you come to the conclusion that the p&c are like new and has good comp? I'm willing to help, we will solve it. I ask lots of questions to get a better understanding.

Rockjock may know better. I just assumed you replaced the carb to fix the bogging issue and were throwing darts assuming everything was good. Sorry!

Rockjock may know better. I just assumed you replaced the carb to fix the bogging issue and were throwing darts assuming everything was good. Sorry!

My friend throwing darts is fine! It often leads one to looking at one possible solution and while you are looking you find the solution in another area. It is a very useful tool!

It sounded like it was running really lean, and I was told about the bad accelerator pump in these carbs. So I replaced the carb with a new hutzl carb and it's still running the same. With the air filter off you can see the gas spraying back out of the carb which leads me to believe the muffler screen in plugged.... nothings getting out of of the cylinder causing a backup? Will disassemble Shortly

It sounded like it was running really lean, and I was told about the bad accelerator pump in these carbs. So I replaced the carb with a new hutzl carb and it's still running the same. With the air filter off you can see the gas spraying back out of the carb which leads me to believe the muffler screen in plugged.... nothings getting out of of the cylinder causing a backup? Will disassemble Shortly

Sometimes the spark arrestor screen is a bit hard to get out but when it comes out run the saw without it and see if that was the issue. No need to take it all apart it is quite assessable.

Just curious if you tuned the new carb or just bolted her up and tried it out? Also like said already, check the exhaust is clear and not all restricted also.

Well after pulling the muffler screen the problem was obvious. Caked full of crap.

Took it outside without the screen installed and she sounds badass and has a ton power. Cheers.

But did you tune the new carb? Sounding Badass for one tank isn't what your looking for. But glad you found your main problem.

Lots of guys leave the screen off, if you're not in a high fire risk situation. These saws scream with the screen removed.

Screen on or off will not make the saw scream. On will protect from sparks bit needs to be cleaned regularly.
Off less maintenance and some sparks will fly. The resistance to the exhaust is minimal.

Back