2014 planning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbow388

Off The Air BEEEEEEEEP
Reaction score
Now is the time of year that I start planning what to plant.

I don't think I will plant the carrots this year and am going to move my corn to another area to grow more of it since everyone wanted some but I only had enough for me to eat and put up.

So in my main garden I am looking at

Tomatoes
Okra
Bush Beans
Bellpeppers
Several hot peppers
Yellow squash and Zuchini
Eggplant
Cabbage
Broccoli
Green onions

What other nifty things would you suggest?

You are from Mississippi and you don't have black-eyed peas on your list??? Shame!! lol

Lettuce...
Spinach
Cukes
I also can't have a garden without snap peas...mmmmmmmmmmm

Corn is moving out of the garden like I said in the original post. I am moving it so I can grow more. I had a lot of people want corn last year and only grew enough for me. I MUST GROW MORE CORN!!

I am from Pickens Co, east of Columbus, MS Planted purple hull peas all my life. For some reason never caught on to the idea of fresh black eyes, always eat them dry, love them. Do they do good in the garden? Do the deer love them?

I am from Pickens Co, east of Columbus, MS Planted purple hull peas all my life. For some reason never caught on to the idea of fresh black eyes, always eat them dry, love them. Do they do good in the garden? Do the deer love them?

A guy down the road plants lots of peas. The deer love them and we have problems keeping them out. I am not much of a pea person so I don't grow them.

brussel sprouts and any other leafy greens, I like swiss and raindbow chard. So good with a just a bit of salt and olive oil in the pan.

Latest posts

Back