2024 traditional Carb equipped Saws ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rngrchad

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I’m sure I could spend a few hours on Stihl and Huskies site, but figured I would ask here. Are any of the 2023/2024 model saws by these two manufacturers still using traditional carbs that can be manually tuned by the operator using simply a screw driver or oem adjustment tool of the like? Or have both husky and Stihl gone to electrically self adjusted fuel mix systems? Thank you. Specifically interested in the 60to75cc sizes.

To me a traditional carb would feed the crankcase with no stratified charge passageway be it the top half of the opening or a separate venturi. The mtronic or auto tune is what you are asking about it would seem. I would look at the 460 in Husqvarna and in Stihl at the non pro models perhaps some of them approach 60cc. It seems one can reliably buy mail order so to speak grey market Husqvarna (perhaps Stihl) which would be models not intended for USA sale but were available in years gone by.

The 462 Stihl comes in a standard carb configuration. You might have to special order it though

To me a traditional carb would feed the crankcase with no stratified charge passageway be it the top half of the opening or a separate venturi. The mtronic or auto tune is what you are asking about it would seem. I would look at the 460 in Husqvarna and in Stihl at the non pro models perhaps some of them approach 60cc. It seems one can reliably buy mail order so to speak grey market Husqvarna (perhaps Stihl) which would be models not intended for USA sale but were available in years gone by.
Thanks for your reply, I want nothing to do with Chinese imported copy saws.

Thanks for your reply, I want nothing to do with Chinese imported copy saws.
I was referring to genuine Husqvarna product not clone. Grey market means a brand's product intended for a different market. Look for user Robin Wood in the classified section. Admittedly I don't see why the clone of past models can be sold here but not the real thing.

Like is being posted and quite possibly due to the fact Stihl's wiring harnesses for the mtronic were assembled in Ukraine there are Stihl choices not "electronic controled carb".

All stihl saws except for the 400, 500, and possibly the 201 are available with adjustable carb.
While this may not apply to the OP, this is not true up here on the cold side of the border. We haven't had a standard carb MS261 since gen 1.
For rear handle pro saws, only the 461 and 881 are available in non M-Tronic.

While this may not apply to the OP, this is not true up here on the cold side of the border. We haven't had a standard carb MS261 since gen 1.
For rear handle pro saws, only the 461 and 881 are available in non M-Tronic.
The war in Ukraine changed that here. Stihl couldn’t get Mtron wiring harnesses and made the 661 and 462 adjustable carb as well. Dealers received notices mid Rona that the only way to order a new saw “for the foreseeable future” was with an adjustable carb (other than those I mentioned).

I’m sure I could spend a few hours on Stihl and Huskies site, but figured I would ask here. Are any of the 2023/2024 model saws by these two manufacturers still using traditional carbs that can be manually tuned by the operator using simply a screw driver or oem adjustment tool of the like? Or have both husky and Stihl gone to electrically self adjusted fuel mix systems? Thank you. Specifically interested in the 60to75cc sizes.
I know you only asked about the Germans and the Swedes, but it sounds like the Japanese (namely Echo) are a great fit for your needs. Their saws are decidedly old school and simple and they have some pro grade 60/70cc options. Just a thought...

Latest posts

Back