2095 advice please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was running my 2095 today both milling and taking down a 30 inch stump.

The saw would start and not stay running at times and ran fine at others. Eventually I heard a strange sound like marbles inside the saw. After stopping the saw. it became apparent that something had come apart under the pull start cover.

I used a smaller saw to finish taking down the stump, which by about six inches or added a new shape to the top bar on the chain link fence is was not as far as the stumps very top. I talked to the neighbour and told him I would fix the fence and he just laughed and said it had been taken out many times by branches falling from the tree the stump belonged to and said that would be fine for me to fix it next week.

I got home took the side cover off the saw and saw some fins and the places they were missing from. I tipped the saw over and more fins fell out and quite a bit of small plastic fromthe shroud fell out. I also found a cap head hex bolt in there, which I think started the whole thing.

Both bolts that hold in the ignition?? were missing and I think it was only the plastic cover that was holding it in place. It is a little beat up too.

I have till the end of Monday to finish milling the logs and get them off the site before the foundation gets dug and there will be mud everywhere. I had also committed to getting them out of there by then. This is my only milling saw.

Here are pics of the damage. My thoughts are to get two cap head bolts and put the ignition in place, the side cover back on and see if it runs ok.
Thoughts on this course of action and what I need to do longer term to straighten this out.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20180302_191942.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20180302_191955.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20180302_192040.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20180302_192053.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180302_192105.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 14
It’s Terminal.

Send it to me & I’ll dispose of it right proper.

Assuming the module survived and it runs once the two bolts holing the module are in place, can I run it with the fins missing from the flywheel?

Finish your job then find a new fly wheel. Don't run it for long pierods of time under load as cooling may be a little less. Also don't neglect to fix it because, long term, it will be a bearing problem maker (out of balance a little). Mike

No Spark
I put in a new coil/module as the one in the saw when this happened took some abuse and I wasn't sure if it would work or cause some more damage.
I also put in a new spark plug.

I now have no spark.
My first guess is the high power lead from the coil and the barb that goes through it from the spring thing that connect to the spark plug.

I looked for damage on any of the other wires but don't see any.

How do i test to see what it is?

Back