20K for a new chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exeter

Reaction score
I work for the DPW in Exeter NH, and we have 20K to spend on a new chipper. We want something that can handle large diameter because within the next 2 years trees will fall completely under our supervision. (ie I have to get my arborist license). We have a 1992 Morbark 290. We're happy with it, but probably want to go larger. The Arborist we use to do most of our work right now just bought a new Vermeer, it has a winch and is a little larger than ours. I know little about these machines, but I can tell you we want quality. We have full time mechanics to do maintenance, durability, and performance are what we're looking for. I plan to put this machine on a 6 or 7 year replacement plan (resale value is a consideration too).

Let the personal biases fly!

Vermeer in this area is great! BUT for the size you are looking for 15" plus, your looking at well over 38K. What about used?

If you want new like Boston Bull said you're looking mid 30s to low 40s. Used you could pic something up with like 1000+hr.s for that though. I'd look at Morbark & Brush Bandit. I prefer Morbark.

Latest posts

Back