20NK Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Like The Woods!

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Been using this chain to cut dirty wood, as described in the dirty wood thread.

So this chain and the appropriate bar are on my saw, and I want to cut logs/pulp/firewood. See, I do three things at the same time:blob2:
Of course being the sedate(ed) guy I am, I'm too friggin' lazy to always change it to a more appropriate set up.

I didn't use it for felling but did for some limbing. It worked eh...OK for me. I also am pruning pines, and with the 20" bar I can reach in and up:eek:
quite well. This setup is quite light.

Although it is not described as a safey chain, it sort of is. I don't like safety chains, and if it was described as such, I would not have purchased it.

I cannot make this combo kickback more than a few inches, and I have tried. So really this is my reason for posting. I think it is a real good chain for someone that has never sawed before. This summer I did introduce a couple of youngsters to "chainsawin'". I felt quite confident that they would be safe. I have no experience with the same chain from other makers, but would imagine they would be the same.

It was pretty humorous, that one of these kids had used an electric saw. When he used this he was amazed. Then I gave him an 034 with rd. chisel, and it about nocketed his socks off. I think if he used a 044/066 his mouth would have been frozen open in awe:jawdrop:

Now my disclaimer. I am not a pro. cutter. I have and will continue to cut wood to use and sell on a part time basis. I do not make my living doing this. I do realize that this chain is not near an optimum setup for cuttin'. But it does have its niche.

So......be gentle......this is almost my first time.....:monkey:

Al

I run a 18 inch Arbor Pro bar and Woodsman Pro 20NK on my 029. I haven't used it that much, I just got it and am pretty much done cutting for the year. It's definitely faster then the 20 inch RM2 bar and chain that it replaced. The saw feels a lot better with the new b&c set up. I'll get a lot better feel for it in the spring when I start cutting again. :D

Latest posts

Back