252 Bank Grinding got Kahunas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green color means it is most likely a Sunbelt Rentals machine. I bet it will need a new engine before long. Can not see how engine is getting any lube oil at that angle.
Notice the rope tied off on the front end. What an idiot.

Green color means it is most likely a Sunbelt Rentals machine. I bet it will need a new engine before long. Can not see how engine is getting any lube oil at that angle.
Notice the rope tied off on the front end. What an idiot.

If you focus in, you can see its "Gordy's" stump removal or something. Looks also like he is running without one of the covers exposing the pulley and belt.

I am not one to bash but seriously, the danger of rolling the machine, plus catching a finger in an open belt pull, and running the engine on that extreme of an angle. All that for what? a 100 dollar stump. No thanks. I would tell the customer that I will get it as flush as possible to the ground and leave it. Or find someone that owns an Alpine Magnum.... Wait a sec.............

Yes, I see his name now. That is an ex Sunbelt unit for sure. Too bad he, or his employer owns it now. A new engine is not cheap. Neither is eye surgery or hearing aides.

I see Gordy, one of the most experienced stump grinding business owners, with a 252 that has a winch mounted on the front and is secured.
I'm sure he knows what he's doing, I would not have dared this, but Plyscamp swaps engines on a regular basis.

The Alpine would have been my choice, but obviously you needed some thrill Gordy.

I see Gordy, one of the most experienced stump grinding business owners, with a 252 that has a winch mounted on the front and is secured.
I'm sure he knows what he's doing, I would not have dared this, but Plyscamp swaps engines on a regular basis.

The Alpine would have been my choice, but obviously you needed some thrill Gordy.

image.jpg image.jpg No 2 Stroke, it's a 35 Hp Bangaurd with a working low oil pressure shut down switch. No it's not a ex rental unit that's our company colors. No I do not Finance any equipment, if I can't pay cash for it I don't buy it. Yes that is a bull rope tied to the front, it is only there in case something happens to the 3,500 pound winch that is secured to the front of the unit. And if you looked closely enough to read the name you should have noticed the Alpine at the base of the bank I own three of them. As for the belt guard we replaced those belts in the middle of the job and the tree company was in a rush. We started doing this about three years ago on a job that was going to take us 2 days with Alpines. Completed the job in 4 hours with the 252 and the winch. The job in the picture was 6 good size Eucalyptus stumps, with Alpines a day to a day and a half worth of grinding. Completed the job in 3 hours with the 252. I might add we only use steel cables on the winch, poly is not good in this application.

Latest posts

Back