26" Double Stem Maple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streyken

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of a maple I removed today. Each stem was about 26" diameter. No cleanup so it was a nice job for a rainy day.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

yea, same here and I tried an alternate way to view them and it said "invalid attachment specified"

Maybe try again?

Cool sawed down way to go. Check out picture #6, looks like a 1000 watt metal halide behind the window!

Quite a split!! I've never had a tree split in two different planes like that.....and never had one open up that much, relative to the wood size, anyhow. But big leaf maple is the species most likely to split, of our trees. did you have your lifeline choked, and lanyard way loose? at least after that happened?

did you have your lifeline choked, and lanyard way loose? at least after that happened?

I swung over from the other stem, clipped in, fell that chunk out to clear room for some other branches, bucked a few blocks, swung back, as I was clipping in again I heard it open up. The stems were heavily loaded and had a lot of reaction wood, so when I got into the bigger stuff I did have a 1/2" rope around the stem and had my lanyard about a foot larger. Just slipped the rope down as I bucked.

Streyken, I'm guessing that you linked to them on your hard drive. You can see them becasue your browser can find them, but we can't. For us to see them embedded, they have to be on a web server somewhere.

I uploaded them as attachments, went to the URL, copied the full URL into notepad, then pasted them from notepad into the add IMG-url. I was trying to get six pics in a post.

Just noticed I can't edit the first post either; is this usual?

<edit> Never mind, I see it only lets you change the last few posts.

BTW when I click properties on the image I get: http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49266&stc=1&d=1176761704
Can anyone else see this image? If so I guess adding six embeded images in a post isn't possible, or at least the way I tried it.
</edit>

Last edited:
BlueRidgeMark, close. I uploaded them via attachments, didn't use them in a post, but copied the URLs, started another thread so I could attach more images, copied URLs, didn't post, I assumed vBulletin had saved these blobs to mySQL, but what really happened is Firefox cached the images and absolute URLs and vBulletin hadn't saved anything, so that's why the parse error. I'm not very familiar with vBulletin and thought I was being smart, so much for that. :dizzy:

BTW when I click properties on the image I get: http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49266&stc=1&d=1176761704
Can anyone else see this image? If so I guess adding six embeded images in a post isn't possible, or at least the way I tried it.
</edit>

Can't see it. Okay, though. You'll figure it out. If you're using Firefox you're not a computer dummy. :D

I think (IIRC) in that thread I mentioned that I gave some tips on doing just what you're trying to do.

I still prefer Imageshack myself.

This guys PC skills are way good, so is his web skills, and most blokes wouldn't have a clue what mySQL is. :greenchainsaw:

Thanks guys.
I run: Round12 Boxing and NorthShoreHomeDirect for fun and I programmed the boxing timer on the one site, so I have had a little experience. Use to be a Lingo programmer (Director MX 2004).

<edit>BlueRidgeMark, usually I host the images myself, but was trying to be quick. I don't use near the data transfer I'm alloted.

Anyway, cool crack in that maple, huh?</edit>

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I run: Round12 Boxing and NorthShoreHomeDirect for fun and I programmed the boxing timer on the one site, so I have had a little experience. Use to be a Lingo programmer (Director MX 2004).

<edit>BlueRidgeMark, usually I host the images myself, but was trying to be quick. I don't use near the data transfer I'm alloted.

oh.

well, excuse me while I get my foot out of my mouth. I'll just go over here in the garden and eat some worms, m'kay?

:D

Anyway, cool crack in that maple, huh?</edit>

Yeah, that'll get your laundryman's attention! :dizzy:

well, excuse me while I get my foot out of my mouth. I'll just go over here in the garden and eat some worms, m'kay?

I didn't mean it that way. ;)

<edit> OK BlueRidge, you made me spit coffee all over my tax papers to avoid the keyboard. Had to read the last part of your post twice - doing numbers all day has numbed my mind.</edit>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back