262 xpg Good saw ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWE#Kipp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi iam on to buying a used 262xpg is it a good saw for felling large pine ??
it's only for firewood so iam just wonder if it has enough power ?

:)

Saws:

husky 133sg
husky 40 :)
husky 346xpg

/Kristoffer

That is a good saw, one of the best.
If you run in to troubble let me know, i can help you with most. I have most parts for it too.

Kristianstad.

Mange.

2621.jpg

2622.jpg

WHOA!!!

The first pic almost went through my monitor!!!

Like my wife would say...."Don't point that THING to me!" ;) LOL.

Great & mean looking saw.

If I were you, Id go for it, BUY IT before anyone else does. you cant argue with a 62CC saw that makes nearly 5HP in STOCK form can you? if you ever decide to sell it, I want one. REALLY BAD.

Seems like a nice saw that has heated handels right? I would probably never use them but you could say, "I bet your saw dosent have heated handels" looks nice go for it. The two complaints I would have would be the stupid flag chain brake that religously gets broken and the huge recoil cover, that does not effect performance though. It also has skip tooth chain correct? It probably cuts pretty good.

262xp Test Report

Here is a German test report from 1997:
http://www.dlg-test.de/pbdocs/4600.pdf

It shows that the xp weights 12.8 lbs/ 5.8 kg, as stated by Husqvarna. The xpg probably weights .2 kg more.

3.6 kw/4.9 hp at 9750 rpm should make it really fast. :)
Very good low end torque too, for a 61.5 cc saw.

My brother has such a saw, and he likes it a lot.

Last edited:
I had a couple of 266xp saws, ran them very hard slashing and spacing. 262xp must be almost the same, best saw I ever had 8-10 tanks a day just beating on it, no undercut just bang, push. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking, so good I massacared my arm with one.

Comparison - test results

tony marks said:
just wondering how the 362 xp compares with the 357 xp.
Some test results from DLG (European versions):

262xp; 3.6 kw/9750 rpm - 4.1 nm/6000 rpm - 5.8 kg
362xp; 3.4 kw/9600 rpm - 3.7 nm/6750 rpm - 6.1 kg
357xp; 3.0 kw/9600 rpm - 3.4 kw/6600 rpm - 5.9 kg

As you can see, the 262 is both lightest and strongest of these Huskys (if you believe measured numbers, and not rumors).

For comparison:
MS361; 3.4 kw/9500 rpm - 3.7 nm/7000 rpm - 5.6 kg

All the weights is without heated handles. That feature should add about .2 kg to the weights.

clearance said:
I had a couple of 266xp saws, ran them very hard slashing and spacing. 262xp must be almost the same, best saw I ever had .................
The 266xp was quite different from the 262xp; I think.
It was built on a different frame, and about .6 kg or 1 1/3 lbs heavier.

Back