• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade 28" stihl bar and 2 chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOakAdot

ArboristSite newb
Reaction score
Hey all. I recently purchased an ms660 and it came with a 28" bar, one very lightly used chain, and a brand new chain as well. Pretty sure it's standard 3/8" .050.

I have a 25" bar and a bunch of chains already so not much need for the 28". I am looking for a 36" bar and chain and possibly ripping chain if anyone has any. I could trade the 24" if someone would rather that, which would mean I have ripping chains up for grabs as well.

I know it's not ideal, but would love to run a 42" bar on the 660 so I could utilize all 36" of my alaskan mill. I read some guys run that size bar on theirs but I'm sure that's for soft wood and not ripping oak lol. Time is not an issue since this is a hobby so would just take it slow and let the saw rest if I were milling some bigger wood. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 36
Hey all. I recently purchased an ms660 and it came with a 28" bar, one very lightly used chain, and a brand new chain as well. Pretty sure it's standard 3/8" .050.

I have a 25" bar and a bunch of chains already so not much need for the 28". I am looking for a 36" bar and chain and possibly ripping chain if anyone has any. I could trade the 24" if someone would rather that, which would mean I have ripping chains up for grabs as well.

I know it's not ideal, but would love to run a 42" bar on the 660 so I could utilize all 36" of my alaskan mill. I read some guys run that size bar on theirs but I'm sure that's for soft wood and not ripping oak lol. Time is not an issue since this is a hobby so would just take it slow and let the saw rest if I were milling some bigger wood. Thoughts?
don't both trying to run a 42" for milling...stick with a 36 on that saw.

Hmmm if you were local And wanted to trade I would be interested but I really need a 36". Probably not worth both of us paying for shipping. Thanks though.

Andrew

Add an aux oiler and high rakers and you may get by with a 42". I had one and didn't like how it oiled with the HO oiler cross cutting. Never even thought about trying to mill with it.

I just bought a 36" wide nose from this site, but I doubt I will ever use it. 28" does most of what I need from one side.

Back