• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

281/288xp highly modified for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortfuze82

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Saw has been professionally rebuilt using all oem parts , except for the meteor 066 piston that has pin bosses machined to fit the 281xp rod, as well as roughly a .040” pop up to maintain all original port timing. Compression release cylinder . Brand new 228c non epa carb , intake gaskets, base gasket, seals , oil pump o ring . Velocity stack as well as green weenie. Muffler is stock oem with deflector welded in forwRd facing position (again professionally done ) the only thing that came out a bit shotty was the hole in top cover which still isn’t horrible. Saw has roughly two tanks thru it , I ran it on a job or two to get it tuned in , it’s a bit cold blooded in 30 sn below with the added compression acts like a stiff diesel untill it gets some heat in it an loosenes up but this will get better as it’s still pretty fresh. Has brand new av mounts all the way around, new throttle leaver and custom pin to make sure it won’t wear like these are notorious for. New ignition / kill wires , Stihl m6 muffler bolts so they stay put an don’t vibrate loose . New Stihl pull cord installed, pretty much every weak spot I know of after working on these for the dealer I was with for the last 7 years who serviced a fleet of these for a local saw mill was incorporated into this build as many of my others. Asking 725$ shipped. As much as I would like to sell this thing local an have my customer run it in person it seems the majority of people in my area have no idea what these saws are or what their capable of. As we all know when set up these saws will outlast anything on the market today by at least 15 years commercial abuse. I stand behind what I sell, I’m an amsoil dealer so yes it’s seen synthetic since day one at 80-1 as many may cringe it just shows how falsely informed you are about amsoils quality of their products. No other oil manufacturer produces as many different two stroke oils for separate applications as amsoil nor has been in business as long so save the gossip I run what I know works and have for years. If you buy saw an wanna run 40-1 an feel “safe” you go right ahead no hard feelings. Amsoil is a superior lubricant engineered for lean mix ratios we don’t need a hissy fit here boys.

Back