• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 3 Sthil MS290s for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this thread has officially been hijacked and will now turn into the new hangout within the trading post.
Stats today; Replies: 17 By next yr; Replies: 198
Views: 509 Views: 5039
:barbecue:

Yes!

But to bend this thread back on track, I want to know if Randy can mod one of these 290s and get it to scream?

I figured this site would be more professional, sure its always good to educate someone on safe practices for purchases ect and there's always a risk when not purchased in person I don't care if its eBay or any other site except large retailers but this is just ridiculous, especially windthrown. I'm not responding back to the form for any back and forth comments so don't bother wasting your time trying to respond. SparkySparks, of course you can send money through mail, I wouldn't recommend cash, but any basic method (I don't have pay pal account) that your comfortable with or anyone else I'll try to work with you, this isn't a deal "too good to be true" I'm not giving saws away, but if someone wants to certainly get a good deal and as I mentioned there's always some risk no matter what if not purchasing in person but I'm also offering anyone local near Guilford, NY that would like to checkout/purchase in person is always welcome, there's no scams or bs here, I'm not most knowledgeable for saws and don't want to pretend to but there listed in as accurate of description I can give them, and as stated I recommend purchase of them as use one for parts saw (although runs) to fix handle on #1 and tune and/or rebuild #2 and have almost complete #3 that's there. I'm not sure most secure way to purchase items online, and honestly don't got time to look into it, I know a lot of electronic transfers require ID to pick up (western union, walmart to walmart etc.) so your ID's on file, I know it's not recommend to do electronic transfers overseas because of scams, but his isn't over seas I'm about 3 hours away from NYC, out in the country near PA, and as I stated anyone near me is welcome to come check them out. Please keep sarcastic comments to your self or make your own post for them, anyone else that is interested shoot me a reasonable offer and see what we can work out. Have a good day.

Some quick PROFESSIONAL feedback...

* Limit the length of your posts, we just want pertinent information.
* Provide a detailed description of each saw you are selling.
* Post pictures of each saw including the piston and cylinder.
* Take a compression test on each saw with a picture of the reading.
* Provide a price on each saw.

Remember, no one knows you and no one is going to buy from you unless they can be assured that the items are as described.

Some quick PROFESSIONAL feedback...

* Limit the length of your posts, we just want pertinent information.
* Provide a detailed description of each saw you are selling.
* Post pictures of each saw including the piston and cylinder.
* Take a compression test on each saw with a picture of the reading.
* Provide a price on each saw.

Remember, no one knows you and no one is going to buy from you unless they can be assured that the items are as described.
Great advice!
Communication also helps. You posted the ad Thursday, came back Friday, and now it's Wednesday. We know things happen, but this builds confidence in you as a seller.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon:).

Oh nooooooooo! I have been branded as ridiculous! :rock2:

I smell Odor de Ape here...

Line up boys and get our 290 professional saws! After all, we are professionals here, yes? A-hem! Long winded deal of the century. Can't go wrong with 3 busted up 290 boat anchor saws now, no-sir-ree-Bob! I mean, Ape. Classic Ape. Lets make a deal!

Naw, its just a plain rope with a knot in it. No handle. I actually have a drawer full of old starter handles though. Hey, yah know, a starter handle would spiff this saw up for sure! Well, maybe...

Latest posts

Back