• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 242 and 246

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muad

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked these up in a package deal with a 254 I was after. Nice saws, but not ones I want to keep.

Both will need some love, but they both fire up and run. Mainly need cleaned up from former owner not cleaning them after use. Cylinders look good from the spark plug hole, compression feels good with the hang test. Both seem to leak bar oil. If I get time, I'll clean them up
some.

Looking for $150 each for PHO + UPS insured shipping cost (242 is SOLD). OBO, will work with someone if they want both. Best pics I have right now. Can get compression numbers if someone really wants them. Units will not ship until after the new year due to vacation, etc.

God Bless!!

IMG_1505.jpegIMG_1506.jpegIMG_1507.jpegIMG_1508.jpegIMG_1509.jpegIMG_1510.jpegIMG_1511.jpegIMG_1512.jpegIMG_1513.jpegIMG_1514.jpeg

Bump. Open to offers on the 246. Just want it gone.

Does the tank hold fuel or does it leak? How does the starter assembly feel? Piston good or scored?
I don't thinknit leaks fuel, but I'll double check. Between this and the 242, I think both leaked bar oil. Piston looked good from spark plug hole. It's filthy, so I'm not pulling the muffler off unless a buyer really wants me to.

Latest posts

Back