3120 - what is current model rpm limit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Turner

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This posts is pretty much a duplicate of a post I put on the general chainsaw forum. I posted here as it might get to some more folks familiar with the current 3120.

Anyone know for sure what the ignition limit is for the current flavor of the 3120? Preferably from a personal experience with a tach.

I am not trying to start a thread on the 880 vs 3120, just seeking this specific information. I bought a 3120 two days ago (against most peoples advice, admittedly) and it runs on the limiter pretty much always even with a big bar. My best guess is that it is limiting at 8800 to 9k somewhere. The manual says the ignition limit is 12k, but I guess that is old news.

I'm trying to figure out what is normal now for the 3120, so I can decide what to do with this saw short term. Not trying to chase performance, just don't like the way the spark is being interrupted even while cutting and need to understand if they all do that now. Feel free to PM or email me with any info if you would rather.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back