3120xp lost power in cut, tough to start ? Troubleshoot.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I agree nothing wrong with that Piston. Check your carb mounting bolts, try and start it again.
If it’s still running wonky start spraying carb cleaner with a straw on a couple areas, start with the cover off and air filter on, but where the boot connects to the cylinder. Looks for changes in idle or stalling when you do this, if it does then you have found an air leak.

Another couple places, flywheel side seal, and the clutch side seal right on the shaft. Also around the cylinder mating area.

I think I have a carb that is slobbering too much fuel in. Over rich condition.... needs a carb overhaul.
It's unusually wet with mix in there.

If that much fuel is pouring in, then yes, you likely just need new diaphragms and an inlet needle. A pooched metering diaphragm will keep the inlet needle open
and continually flood the saw. A metering diaphragm hardened from exposure to ethanol will not flow enough fuel. The interior of your engine looks good. Like Jerry said -
getting too much fuel isn't good but a lot better than not getting enough.

Give y'all an update.
Found a great mechanic just a few miles from home.
He charged me an hour to troubleshoot, break down, and re-build the carb + new fuel line and filter and, a screw backing spring.... $78 with tax ....No complaints.
The spring for Throttle position screw was mush for whatever reason.
It may have been the biggest issue......heavier spring replacement and I'm back in biz.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and comments.

Todays work...Soon to be new wrap around bench for the Bonfire pit. Timelapse below. Angry bit of wood but what a beauty!
48111188521_af5f15da15_b.jpg

Give y'all an update.
He charged me an hour to troubleshoot, break down, and re-build the carb + new fuel line and filter and, a screw backing spring.... $78 with tax ....No complaints.
It may have been the biggest issue......I'm back in biz.

Todays work...Soon to be new wrap around bench for the Bonfire pit. Timelapse below. Angry bit of wood but what a beauty!

Good thinking on that bench.

Give y'all an update.
It may have been the biggest issue......heavier spring replacement and I'm back in biz.

Heck, my old Homelite Super 1050 mills faster than that!:)

Back