346xp new edition bore & stroke

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16:1mix

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What is the piston bore & stroke on the 346xp new edition?

All I can find on the net are the 45cc model specs!

Do tell...

I dont remember right off hand and no I dont own one. But just add 1mm to the bore (I think) and see if it comes out right. I think the stroke was the same.
Hence the reason you could put the new topend on the old casing and make your own.

Oops,sorry.

Hey HiOctane, nothing to be sorry for. You are one of the most helpful guys here when it comes to advice, especially on Husqvarna saws. I look forward to reading your posts and wish that I could have had you as my dealer. There is no substitute for experience ,and you Sir, are great. :cheers:

Thanks guys, that does it for me. It looks like the new edition engine falls between the 345 & 350 piston sizes:

340 = 40mm
345 = 42
346 = 44.3 (new edition)
350 = 45

All have the same 32.5mm stroke.

Thanks guys, that does it for me. It looks like the new edition engine falls between the 345 & 350 piston sizes:

340 = 40mm
345 = 42
346 = 44.3 (new edition)
350 = 45

All have the same 32.5mm stroke.

The original 350s were 44mm, they still are here - the latest US EPA ones use the cylinder of the 353, but has some added restriction somewhere, that keeps the power at the original level, or close to it...

Back