35hp Vanguard on a 630B???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the grinder

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone, as a new member I would like to say you got a great forum here.

Ok my situation. Last spring I bought a 1991 630B with a Wisconsin w4 1770. First thing I did was upgrade to green teeth and it ground like a champ. I put about 100 hrs on it and the Wisconsin on it is in need of some serious work. I am thinking about upgrading to the Vanguard 35hp engine. I have heard nothing but good things about this engine. Has anyone done this on a 630. I know it is popular with the 252's. Just wondering how it would work on a 630.

Thanks

The Grinder

Hey everyone, as a new member I would like to say you got a great forum here.

Ok my situation. Last spring I bought a 1991 630B with a Wisconsin w4 1770. First thing I did was upgrade to green teeth and it ground like a champ. I put about 100 hrs on it and the Wisconsin on it is in need of some serious work. I am thinking about upgrading to the Vanguard 35hp engine. I have heard nothing but good things about this engine. Has anyone done this on a 630. I know it is popular with the 252's. Just wondering how it would work on a 630.

Thanks

The Grinder

I have an '86 630A and I'm thinking about this myself, I have two nice wisconsin sources though that look promising, but I've also considered going to a diesel. I hope we get some input here.

I was thinking the same thing with the diesel engine but don't want to fork out the $$ right now. Where were you looking at for diesel engines Bigus Termitus?

Also which shaft would I want to get? the 1 1/8" x 4" or the 1 7/16" x 4 29/64"

I was thinking the same thing with the diesel engine but don't want to fork out the $$ right now. Where were you looking at for diesel engines Bigus Termitus?

Not really sure on either account, one of the wisconsin sources on ebay has what they call the standard output shaft specs listed for chippers and stump grinders, not sure if they are right.

If I could figure out how to get a deere motor running it, I'd be happy.

you will need 1 7/16" x 4 29/64"

Latest posts

Back