361 Chain Brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah a new spring was put in with the clutch I am thinking it is not connected properly

The large spring attaches to the case in the rear and to a lever toward the front. There is another small lever which runs against the larger lever. On that small lever is a small spring which helps take the slop out of the brake when it is disengaged. And the chain brake should be repaired but a competent mechanic, not someone who just works on saws. Aside from the safety aspect, if something comes off, it can do unrepairable damage to that side of the saw. IMO

Last edited:
The large spring attaches to the case in the rear and to a lever toward the front. There is another small lever which runs against the larger lever. On that small lever is a small spring which helps take the slop out of the brake when it is disengaged. And the chain brake should be repaired but a competent mechanic, not someone who just works on saws. Aside from the safety aspect, if something comes off, it can do unrepairable damage to that side of the saw. IMO

Thanks for your advice, I found the missing spring... Thats the one, Large spring that goes to the top of the outer lever and to the case. Just was left off upon reassembling. I can hack my way around many repairs but was concerned about the brake because I havent dealt with them that much but it seems pretty basic. Just got to get the spring and reattach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back