361 Stihl handle comfort?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondack

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was looking at those pics of the new 361 and I noticed the handle was almost 90 degrees to the bar. That does not seem to be a very natural position for the arm to be in for using the saw. Are all Stihl's that way?

are you refering to the pics that i put up? I was using it tonight and it seemed fine, then again i cut in more than 1 position and don't really pay attention to it. I have a few other stihls here and will look at them as well. the handle is curved at the top on all of my stihls its just the side one that is almost straight.

Last edited:
The 361 has a bit less angle on the handlebar than Huskys, but nothing like streight-across, like modern Jonsereds.

I notice no practical difference between My 361 and my Huskys in that regard.

The 361 has a bit less angle on the handlebar than Huskys, but nothing like streight-across, like modern Jonsereds.

Which is one reason I don't buy Stihl saws...that angled handlebar is very uncomfortable, particularly on bigger saws.

For those of us who love the Jonnys, that handlebar is one of the biggest reasons. More comfortable, more ergonomic, safer.

Your mileage may vary.

Which is one reason I don't buy Stihl saws...that angled handlebar is very uncomfortable, particularly on bigger saws.

For those of us who love the Jonnys, that handlebar is one of the biggest reasons. More comfortable, more ergonomic, safer.

Your mileage may vary.

Less than ergonomic is my opinion - if you grip the handlebar properly......:laugh::laugh::biggrinbounce2:

They are just for extreme southpaws, that hold the saw on the wrong side of the body - and that is a bad solution anyway.........:cheers:

The Stihl MS 361 handle is not set at exactly 90 degrees to the bar. Take a look:
StihlMS3612.jpg

It wraps toward the front. I think it is ideal. Just MHO.

Thanks for the posts. The reason for the post was this. Before I ever made a cut with my new dolmar 7900 I noticed when I bent down to the ground and grabbed the lower handle with my right hand I noticed the angle of the bar exactly matched my left "grab" angle as my left arm hung in position just above the bar. I could have been wrong but I thought they probably designed it that way. When I saw that picture of the Stihl I thought the top handle appeared to be at less of an angle. I just wondered if that translated into a more uncomfortable position after a full day of cutting? That is all. Thanks. :blob2:

Back